Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello ssr owners, I just bought my ultraviolet 04 and I am thinking about putting custom wheels on it. I am wondering if I can go larger than the 19 front 20 rear maybe a 22 front 23 rear. Will this affect the way the ssr is set up and cause any problems? Please any info.
Tricky

·
Registered
413 Posts
just keep the ft and rear overall height the same so not to confuse the abs sensors

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Hi, Tricky - keep us posted on what you find for wheels. I've been looking for a nostalgic look - very open 5 spoke design, but either the size combination isn't right ie only 18s and 20s, or the bolt pattern doesn't match, or the offsets are wrong. Not many wheels are made to fit the Trailblazer bolt pattern, and the ones that are can't supply wheels that can match the drastically different front and rear offsets.

Check out the Foose website - I've called them a couple of times to see it they have any though of building the Lusso in a combination that would work on the SSR, but no luck so far. Maybe if others call, they would reconsider it. They have it to fit the full size GM bolt pattern, but only in a 20 x 8", and the 19s are for a car. What I found interesting was that they were able to make a 5 spoke wheel look good on a 6 bolt hub. The other design that I'd really like is the Coddington Smoothie II, but no 19s and so far no development in a 6 bolt pattern.

I'm not a big fan of the stock wheel - maybe GM has an optional wheel on the drawing board? - the new Corvette wheel would be a great starting point.
:thumbs

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the only way to get a 5 spoke wheel with 6 lugs is if the lugs are covered like the factory wheels. I sure wish we had 5 lugs. Wheel choices are slim.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Check this Foose Lusso - 6 bolt pattern, but for a full size - available in several sizes, but only in a 20 x 8 so far (no 10"), and a 5 bolt 19" - call them - maybe we can get them to build it to fit.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
22 S from raceline

I found a set of 22 " redlines with yoko tires 40 series in back thirty 35 in front. There six spoke black crome, the guy at the tire store said they might have to change to a 35 series in back and 30 in front but they will get it right when they arrive. The black crome lock great on the ultra violet. I will put some pics on next week for you fellas.
Tricky

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSR wheels

Would love to know where you found the wheels, I have been looking for some for my 2004 Silver. Please let me know.
Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smoothies

I'm jonesin' to put a set of smoothies on mine-

but haven't found any that fit yet-

has anyone found a good source for custom wheels that fit the SSR?

·
Registered
56 Posts
custom rims

:) there are a number of aftermarket wheel companies that have wheels to fit our bolt pattern,{ tezzen wheels makes a 22"&23" that will work,also zinik wheel,oasiswheel,asanti wheel,makaveli wheel,and the list goes on,you can visit any of these sites and find whatever you are looking for.......... :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts