Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UC6 is the code for the SSR's 6 disk in dash changer. It's also the code for the six disk in dash changer in other vehicles.

Do all these vehicles share the exact same head units? Same as far as ability to be attached to aux devices. (on-star, xm, rse...)

·
Registered
41 Posts
UC6 is the common code for 6 disk in dash CD changers. I know that GM parts departments can order XM radio kits that work for the entire truck line. I would imagine they would work on the SSR.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I reasearched this and the same XM that is used in the truck line will work in the SSR. The only issue you may experience is the mounting bracket. I ordered one from Gold Coast Autotronics a OEM radio Warranty station in Florida. You can call Jay Harris and is he very helpful. 1-800-669-3504 I have had dealings with him on Prowler items for many years and have been totally satisfied with his service. If you have further questions E-mail me at [email protected] and I will help you the best I can. I do not plan on installing mine till after Christmas and when I do I will let everone know the details and will have pictures. I would install it sooner, but I am in the middle of a project at home and if I do not complete it before Christmas my wife will make me homeless.

P.S.
The kit comes with the antenna also.

Neal Bardens

1 - 4 of 4 Posts