Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my hood with a MPD 1 ram air hood a few months ago. I kept noticing a vibrating noise, like a fan running. However, I only heard the noise with the hood locked down. The noise seems to be from (see attached) this vacuum unit. When the hood is closed it pushes against the hood and the ram air tunnel causes it to resonate. It seems I saw a post on here one time where someone relocated. If anyone remembers or has an idea of how I can resolve this, I would be glad for some feedback. Thanks, guys and gals.

Attachments

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,286 Posts
Thought maybe it was Greg (Texasbaehr) who relocated that when he built his custom engine cover.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I replaced my hood with a MPD 1 ram air hood a few months ago. I kept noticing a vibrating noise, like a fan running. However, I only heard the noise with the hood locked down. The noise seems to be from (see attached) this vacuum unit. When the hood is closed it pushes against the hood and the ram air tunnel causes it to resonate. It seems I saw a post on here one time where someone relocated. If anyone remembers or has an idea of how I can resolve this, I would be glad for some feedback. Thanks, guys and gals.
That is the purge valve for the EVAP system. It can be relocated to under the engine cover. Personally I would try and keep it within 6 to 8 inches of the original location to make the relocation easier with the hose and wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts