Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're putting the top down, and you look in the compartment where the top fold into, what is the black box with latches? Also when these vehicles were bought new, where did GM put the hitch receiver? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,149 Posts
The box has the electronics in it for the roof door module I think it is. There are a couple threads here with details on the compartment and the module.

Not sure where the hitch was from the factory my trucks were used and my 04 it was laying in the front floor board. My 05 it was in a cloth bag with a small jack in the bed. Simple Engineering has a bag for the hitch that fits them nicely. I have also seen some for sale in a foam block that they came in.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
It is a shame but when I bought my SSR it came with nothing. I was told by several dealers since then and looking at my build sheet it was fully loaded from the factory but it had changed a few hands and gone through an auction or two prior to my ownership. I have read and been told that when that all happens the detailers and lot people completely strip the vehicle of any thing that is with it and sell it on E-Bay. I contacted the owner before me and he advised the vehicle had everything in it when he sold it including all the service records, hitch, owners manual, cargo net, etc. When I got it none of that was there. I ended up buying an owners manual off E-bay and a few other things. Have not bought a hitch yet but it is on my to do list. Good luck with yours.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
That box has the Bose audio amplifier, the dropping diode for the DRL among other things.

The hitch receiver is behind the license plate and it is vertical. It takes a special insert which is occasionally available here but is not being made anymore as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Where do you live? If you post that some of us SSRFanatic will be glad to help. It’s amazing how everyone wants to keep the R’s on the road. Good luck.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
That box has the Bose audio amplifier, the dropping diode for the DRL among other things.

The hitch receiver is behind the license plate and it is vertical. It takes a special insert which is occasionally available here but is not being made anymore as far as I know.
This is a double thread and both were posted at 7:59 PM. Exact same info and heading. Maybe you could combine or close one to avoid confusion. Just an Idea. Thanks.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
This is a double thread and both were posted at 7:59 PM. Exact same info and heading. Maybe you could combine or close one to avoid confusion. Just an Idea. Thanks.
Merged. Sorry I missed the second thread originally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts