Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who owns, or has seen, the chrome package - are the hoops (rollbars) at the seat headrests chromed?

Can't tell from the brochure shot.

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Flassh said:
Anyone who owns, or has seen, the chrome package - are the hoops (rollbars) at the seat headrests chromed?

Can't tell from the brochure shot.

Ray
Yes they are and look great. All that is Satin is Chrome instead door handles, plastic grills, dash parts engine insert; more than I can mention. I almost got the Pacific Blue with chrome but it was just a little too bright for me and lacked some of the options I wanted. It was a 1SS and I wanted a 3SS and it had no boards or gauges.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
hi ray,,yes they are,,i saw a slingshot at tom harris chev in nanaimo the other day ,everything that was satin is now chrome,,i sat in it and thought it would take a bit getting used to

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I wonder will I at some point in time be able to get the part numbers to the Chrome package parts and change them out. I wanted my Black Tie in Chrome but the dealer didn't have one and since the price was so good for an 06 I took the Satin and Black Tie.

·
Registered
374 Posts
SS My R said:
I wonder will I at some point in time be able to get the part numbers to the Chrome package parts and change them out. I wanted my Black Tie in Chrome but the dealer didn't have one and since the price was so good for an 06 I took the Satin and Black Tie.
Interior, dunno, probably though I head you have to supply a VIN when ordering those parts.

Exterior is availaible: Part Number=15214401

I may order the exterior upgrade package some day, but not the interior, even if it's available. Looking at pictures of the bright chrome interior, it's nice and all, but boy will it ever show fingerprints, especially around the climate controls, buttons on the console. Keep a cloth handy.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Donnysan said:
Interior, dunno, probably though I head you have to supply a VIN when ordering those parts.

Exterior is availaible: Part Number=15214401

I may order the exterior upgrade package some day, but not the interior, even if it's available. Looking at pictures of the bright chrome interior, it's nice and all, but boy will it ever show fingerprints, especially around the climate controls, buttons on the console. Keep a cloth handy.
If you look at that picture of that Brickyard you submitted there were prints all over the chrome in the inside. I don't know what they were doing but it looks awful. If I had that much chrome on the inside I would have to have a special rag hidden just for the prints. But the chrome looks so good on the inside. I've seen a Pacific Blue and a SlingShot. The one thing that turned me off about the cheap chrome was the front grill the first bar where the bowtie is located; I could see the fasteners of the grill bar that says Chevrolet reflected in the bowtie grill bar. I noticed this in both of the Chrome Packages that I saw.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info -

I find the satin really hard to keep clean - the chrome may show prints, but would be much easier to wipe down.

The problem with the reflections at the front may require some flat black sprayed on the back portion of the emblem.

I think the chrome really enhances the retro feel of the SSR - they didn't use no stinkin satin in the old days.!!

Ray

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Flassh said:
Thanks for the info -

I find the satin really hard to keep clean - the chrome may show prints, but would be much easier to wipe down.

The problem with the reflections at the front may require some flat black sprayed on the back portion of the emblem.

I think the chrome really enhances the retro feel of the SSR - they didn't use no stinkin satin in the old days.!!

Ray
After struggling with prints on the satin, I tried a cloth sold as a glass " polisher", intended as a final step in a streak free look. It's a synthetic, light blue, bought in the Auto dept of WalMart( sorry dougnc), and does a great job on prints an smudges on the interior satin, I guess it woul do the same for the Chrome. Keep one in the in the console.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
SS My R said:
Yes they are and look great. All that is Satin is Chrome instead door handles, plastic grills, dash parts engine insert; more than I can mention. I almost got the Pacific Blue with chrome but it was just a little too bright for me and lacked some of the options I wanted. It was a 1SS and I wanted a 3SS and it had no boards or gauges.
You mentioned engine insert being chromed...is the insert part of the chrome package?? I didn't see it listed. I have the chrome package and the only thing I DON'T have is an engine cover insert. Should it have come with my '06?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Flassh said:
Thanks for the info -

Ray
Flassh the problem with the reflection is not the emblem it self, it's the whole lenth of the longest grill bar. The Chrome Chevrolet grill bar underside just shows due to the longest grill bars chrome finish which is right under it. Most people may never notice it; I noticed it at first because of a noticable chrome rainbow spot on the chrome that caught my attention.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Chrome

I had satin on my '04. Now chrome on the '06. I find the chrome is easier to keep clean. The '06 has the chrome engine insert.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
big-daddy said:
After struggling with prints on the satin, I tried a cloth sold as a glass " polisher", intended as a final step in a streak free look. It's a synthetic, light blue, bought in the Auto dept of WalMart( sorry dougnc), and does a great job on prints an smudges on the interior satin, I guess it woul do the same for the Chrome. Keep one in the in the console.
Thanks big-daddy I'll have to look for one when I get to WalMart. A cloth sold as a glass "polisher" cloth in the Auto Department. Thanks again BD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered the Chrome grille bar and hood piece about two weeks ago but dlr has not gotten them in yet, parts are listed as sent from source so they must not be shipping them out yet. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like on my Ricochet Silver, I too hate fighting the smeers on the satin.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mason57 said:
The '06 has the chrome engine insert.
I WANT ONE OF THESE! It would look great with that carbon fiber engine cover!

Anybody got a part number (hint hint, as in go out, remove yours and write down the part #!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Donnysan said:
I WANT ONE OF THESE! It would look great with that carbon fiber engine cover!

Anybody got a part number (hint hint, as in go out, remove yours and write down the part #!!!)
I will go to the garage tomorrow and see if I can get that part #. :thumbs

·
Registered
135 Posts
I picked up the exterior chrome kit and installed it today. Looks great but it's hard to part with $900 for it. It took my dealer five days to bring it in for me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ssr 05 said:
I picked up the exterior chrome kit and installed it today. Looks great but it's hard to part with $900 for it. It took my dealer five days to bring it in for me.
What exactly do you get for 9 Benjamins?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
ssr 05 said:
What do you get for the 900 and do you know the part or parts number?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts