Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are the proud owners of a 2004 Sling shot SSR. I purcashed the 1SB package, running boards and towing package.

Couple of Questions.

1) Has anyone else been pulled over by the police just so they can check out your SSR?

2.) I read on this forum about a tool kit.. Where is this kit? do all 2004 SSR's come with it?

3) In the manual it says you can lower the top manually with a tool. Is this tool in the kit?

4) I noticed at a dealer an SSR had a small T handle tool in the glove box. What is this for, and do all SSR's come with it? Where do I find ours?

Thanks
T&S

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
1: Not in my SSR. 2:Maybe you are referring to the inflation kit behind the drivers seat. 3&4: The T-handle tool in the glove box is the one referred to in the manual. The spline end is used to trip the latches in the whindshield header. It is also used, as a handle, to pull the wires used to trip the top tonnue latches. The Owners manual describes the entire procedure to either raise or lower the top manually.

LuvRam13 said:
We are the proud owners of a 2004 Sling shot SSR. I purcashed the 1SB package, running boards and towing package.

Couple of Questions.

1) Has anyone else been pulled over by the police just so they can check out your SSR?

2.) I read on this forum about a tool kit.. Where is this kit? do all 2004 SSR's come with it?

3) In the manual it says you can lower the top manually with a tool. Is this tool in the kit?

4) I noticed at a dealer an SSR had a small T handle tool in the glove box. What is this for, and do all SSR's come with it? Where do I find ours?

Thanks
T&S

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes while heading back to Texas just outside of Tulsa we were pulled over. The DPS officer was wondering what kind of a vehicle was it. After chatting for about 15 minutes we were back on our way. We attracted attention when ever we stopped. So far we still enjoy the attention. We also have a couple of corvettes and have never attracted this much attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts