Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive lifts come in many types, sizes and capacities. BendPak/Ranger manufactures different capacity portable lifts. One model (BL-7000 SLX) has a 7000 pound capacity. This jack will easily lift an SSR for tire or brake work, oil changes or for detailing. When using this unit to lift an SSR, the optional SUV/truck adapter kit is not required- the standard rubber lift blocks suffice. Attached are two photos of an SSR on one of these lifts, showing it in each of the two stop positions. At the first stop, the distance from the floor to the underside of the running board is 18-1/2 inches. At the higher second stop, the distance to the underside of the running board is 22-1/2 inches. The third photo shows the power supply and handheld control used to raise and lower the lift. The model shown here operates on 120 volts but both 220/240 and 12 volt versions are also available. When not in use the left and right sides of the lift can be stored upright against a wall and the power unit in a box or on a shelf.

Here’s a link for more information:

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-7000slx-portable-car-lift.html

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,517 Posts
My friend has one for his Corvette and really likes it. It stores the car on it in the winter to take the weight off the tires and suspension.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I have a KWIKLIFT, that I have had for 20 years, that you drive up on and it raises the bottom of the tires up 20" in the front and you jack up the back of the lift to level out the vehicle. I have approx. 30" of clearance underneath for working on the vehicle. I had an accident, almost got killed, with an electric operated lift so I will not use one. Just my $.02.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts