Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really hate to break the bad news to this owner, but putting an emblem on the tailgate does NOT mean that it is actually supercharged. Yes, he not only has an emblem on the tailgate but is actually advertising it as having a supercharger. A quick look at the engine bay, it is very evident there is none. No, I have not contacted him yet ........ just thought I would share the humor. Obviously not a car guy, cannot believe nobody told him yet :banghead

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/ssr-chevysupercharged/6396755968.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,902 Posts
LOL Clueless! I guess someone told him it's a K&N Supercharger!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Maybe that placard was on there when he bought it or maybe it is referring to the driver. Just might be!!!

Reactions: Jersey red

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
I like the waterfall badge , i know it doesn't mean crap ! I just like that look ! >:)
Dave
Nothing wrong with your waterfall badge. David is talking about the badge that was on the Final Production Run trucks, which occasionally ends up on a truck that was not part of the run.

Still not a big deal, unless it is advertised for sale as a FPR truck. That's happened a couple of times.

Unless someone really doesn't know vehicles, it should be fairly easy to spot the missing supercharger.

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
With all due respect, it is a nice looking R. He likely bought it from a used car dealer who told him it was supercharged and doesn't know the difference or he thinks the K&N filter is what supercharges it. I think I will message him and get some clarification.

Checked the ad.....no contact info, only phone number, no answer.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I'm sure one of the Florida crew must know of this truck. Many ball busting comments ( nothing wrong with that) but someone should contact the seller. Not knowing situation, it could be a widow selling her husband's R.
Best to talk to seller and find out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts