Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace my water pump yesterday and discovered both radiator hoses have to be ordered and apparently the bottom ones are almost non-existent. Anybody else run into this problem? Wondering if I should a couple of them.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,647 Posts
:agree:agree:agree

Nick

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,073 Posts
Had to replace my water pump yesterday and discovered both radiator hoses have to be ordered and apparently the bottom ones are almost non-existent. Anybody else run into this problem? Wondering if I should a couple of them.
Simple Engineering has all the hoses you need. Check out Simple Engineering.com
I agree with @Stiles Sport Roadster. Visit Simple Engineering

I’d also add.. Since you are at it, and already have the fluid out, replace the heater hoses too. And then spend the $30 for the new cooling tank so you can easily see how much fluid is in the system. The new tank comes with a new cap too. If needed, I posted instructions and a couple pic a while back on replacing the heater hoses and tank in the “What did you do with your SSR today” thread.

Lastly, pickup a new thermostat, if you haven’t done so already. You’ll have the “cooling system tune up”, hoses and water pump all knocked out

- Robert

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
I agree with @Stiles Sport Roadster. Visit Simple Engineering
if you haven’t done so already. You’ll have the “cooling system tune up”, hoses and water pump all knocked out
- Robert
Mike offers a "cooling system tune up kit"..... well worth the few minutes to chat and order from Mike. He has recommendations on pumps, too....

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,413 Posts
Mike at simple engineering has what you need along with advice.

Reactions: voodoophantom
1 - 8 of 8 Posts