Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the factory Bose radio. I just removed an aftermarket JVC and installed a 15234935 radio. It turns on but I have no sound.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If that is stock 6 CD radio from another truck it may need to be programmed to the truck dealership or someone with a GM scan tool

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
Yep, part of the anti-theft system is it requires programming to match the VIN of the truck it is in. My dealer want $129.00 for programming and $285 to prgram and install. Think I might let them tackle the dash.:laugh:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
No Sound From Radio

Please provide additional info on what message(s) appear on the radio display when you turn it on.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Radio

Radio turns on, all buttons function but no audio at all ( not even a hiss)
Is the stock radio original to this truck and/or if not, has it been reprogramed to the VIN of this truck? If so, and there are no messages on the display such as "Radio is Locked" then it would be worth checking the amplifier components and connections in the roof compartment. Hopefully they were not removed as part of the JVC audio installation or disabled by modifying the wiring harness either at the amp or within the instrument panel.

Are you certain that this radio head unit was functioning properly prior to its recent installation?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree also ck amp fuse behind pass side seat in waterfall . My Radio did the same thing one day fine next day no sound took it to a radio repair place they said it was fixed put it back same thing no sound long story short turned out I had to replace it with a used radio and had it programmed to the truck now it works fine

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,024 Posts
check out this video
... claims to delete the "Theft-Lock" system and allows radio to work. If you don't want to try this, I can always sell you my OEM stereo that I replaced with an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have seen more videos on this also but some say that only certain one can be done if you do this on the wrong ones the radio will be junk it will not work just be careful.I watch a bunch when trying to figure out my radio Be careful!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the chip and it lights up and all knobs function just no sound. Going to check today if the amp is functioning or bypassed from the previous installation. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,073 Posts
I removed the chip and it lights up and all knobs function just no sound. Going to check today if the amp is functioning or bypassed from the previous installation. Thanks
I like your plan. I had a radio professionally installed in the R by a reputable place where that is all they do and among other things, they hacked the harness at both ends and bypassed the Bose amp.

Go slow and keep asking questions. Lots of resources here.

FWIW: I carefully repaired the harnesses using shrink fit and silver solder, yanked the grafted in harness, replaced the antenna amp (broken connector at windshield) and got the stock system all working. A bit later on, I bought the proper modules and sanitarily installed a touch screen aftermarket head unit with NAV, XM, etc. and could not be happier.

Keep working to make your R as you want.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the chip removed on mine then I got a cal error when first turned on for about 2 sec but still no sound .The repair place bench tested the radio and it worked fine on the bench but not in truck.If I remember correctly the radio has to send a signal to the amp to turn it on and at least in my case I don't think it was doing that.So there was no sound.Does your chimes work for the top and keys I think those run through the amp mine worked ok just no sound from radio hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts