Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Six-Disc Radio on my '05 stopped working. There is no audio output in any mode and no indication that the volume control function is working (no volume slider display). Attempting to change the volume from the steering wheel volume control or the radio volume control does nothing. All the oher control functions seem to work fine, the tuner tunes for all bands, the CD goes though all of its actions - but no output in the speakers. I wouldn't rule out operator error but I gain no insight from the owner's manual and probably being a EE doesn't help! I checked a 25 amp fuse labeled AMP which was ok. I suspect there is a control head and a separate amplifier but since the '05 service manuals are not available yet, I am dead in the water about to head back to the dealer (why do these things always happen on the weekend?) Anybody have any insight into this 'no speaker output' problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had Same Problem With My O3. Dealer Tried To Reprogram Radio No Help. They Had To Remove Radio And Send Out For Repair Took A Day. Good Luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Things have gotten even more interesting. After two days without any speaker output, the speaker output/volume indications have returned for all modes - except now the voltmeter in the gauge package is nearly pegged at 16 volts. The measurements at the jumper post read 13.94 VDC at idle. Anybody know what drives the voltmeter? I suspect an analog to digital conversion and back again somewhere in the process. The gauge goes through some antics when you start the engine so I doubt if it is a simple connection to the battery bus. I wonder what the instrumentation bus is all about but since I am still waiting for the publication of the '05 service manual, I will have to remain in the dark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts