Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife saw something dangling down from the inside top of the windshield on the passenger side. Upon inspection, it appears to be the connection for the radio antenna inside the windshield. Obviously it needs to be re-glued. My question is, what type of adhesive should be used for this application? Simple silicone or something else? What say you? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,068 Posts
If is what I think it is, it is the antenna amplifier. I put mine up with 3m automotive double back tape.

FYI: I replaced it when my am/fm reception went to near zero. Connector to the windshield had gotten broken/come loose at some point during professional radio install. New amp, all good....then I redid the whole job properly, fixing the hacked up wiring and all.

-Robert
:silver:

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
If it's not the antenna amplifier it must be a surveillance device planted by the NSA to keep an eye on you, and your nefarious Tennessee SSR owners. :shutup:

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,068 Posts
Upon closer inspection on a larger screen... That is the little connection from the amplifier to the windshield antenna. It kind of reminded me of a 9V battery connector. Look in side the clip at the end of the wire and see what you can make out. I cannot quite tell if the nub on the windshield has pulled off. In the end, you’ll need to make a solid electrical connection between the wire and the disc/nub on the windshield antenna. On mine the amp connector was messed up and would not clip on. I used 3M tape to temporarily hold the clip to the antenna connection.

Replacing the amp was the best solution for me, and I did stick it up with 3M double sided tape.

- Robert
:silver:

P.S. Nice one @xoxoxoBruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts