Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this little CD cover for my R. I would have taken a picture of the whole dash except I have the DIC out for stepper motor replacement. It is hinged on the bottom with a small opening handle on the top. I was going to make this as a prototype but it turned out good enough for actual use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I've thought about something like that for my NAV Radio. At night it can be very bright, even with the evening mode back ground light. On long road trips, we've hung a black hand towel over that area, to knock down the interior light.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,094 Posts
That looks pretty sweet, you'll have to take a better picture with more light and the panel installed but looks good even in the shadows :)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,979 Posts
That looks pretty sweet, you'll have to take a better picture with more light and the panel installed but looks good even in the shadows :)
would also like to see it open, or does it get removed instead?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cover

would also like to see it open, or does it get removed instead?
I'll do that when I get the dash back in it's place. Yes, it opens from the top with the little handle I put on.... hinged on the bottom. I hadn't thought about putting a velcro hinge on it like yours.... probably would have been a lot easier. I ended up using a small metal hinge with epoxy on the cover and a couple of fabbed "U" clamps around the edge between the radio and the composition dash (hard to explain).

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,979 Posts
I'll do that when I get the dash back in it's place. Yes, it opens from the top with the little handle I put on.... hinged on the bottom. I hadn't thought about putting a velcro hinge on it like yours.... probably would have been a lot easier. I ended up using a small metal hinge with epoxy on the cover and a couple of fabbed "U" clamps around the edge between the radio and the composition dash (hard to explain).
Got me confused with someone else. I do not have one. Just want to see what it looks like open. I can wait for the dash to be back togethere for the full effect. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Radio/cd Cover - Closed and Open

Here are pics of the radio/cd cover I put together. Hinged on the bottom, pull on the top. Fits snug so no catch needed. Also a pic of it when it is opened....sorry about the poor pic quality. I'll bet Dragon2U could make these even nicer.

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,979 Posts
Sorry. You had posted pics for Randayn. He was the one hat did the cover.
No good deed is ever forgotten? Thanks for the reminder, and the pictures. This looks very nice and usable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I made this little CD cover for my R. I would have taken a picture of the whole dash except I have the DIC out for stepper motor replacement. It is hinged on the bottom with a small opening handle on the top. I was going to make this as a prototype but it turned out good enough for actual use.
Hey, that looks really Good. The SSR Logo is a nice finishing touch. One consideration I made to my cover was to add some insulation between the metal and the system. I noticed the metal got real hot in the Fla sun, didn't want to cook my sound system. I cut a mouse pad and glued it on the back side. Something to think about. I use the cover all the time. Great minds think alike Eh. Randayn

·
Registered
7 Posts
SSR Radio Cover

I like the look of your part, I assume the radio is in place and that the buttons don't interfere with the cover sitting flush. Are you making this part for sale? Please respond to my Email address: [email protected]
V/R
Joe
Willingboro, NJ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts