Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any Fanatic that has updated their head unit still have their old one. My rescued 05 AquaBlur radio is showing abuse. Knobs are discolored and worn, faceplate scratched. Understand it has to be programmed to VIN. Trying to keep him as stock as possible. Just curious.

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Wondering if any Fanatic that has updated their head unit still have their old one. My rescued 05 AquaBlur radio is showing abuse. Knobs are discolored and worn, faceplate scratched. Understand it has to be programmed to VIN. Trying to keep him as stock as possible. Just curious.

If the knobs are your only issue, you can get a Dorman 76824 radio knob kit and replace them.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,449 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered faceplate as in Dragon2U post. It arrived and is perfect. Wondering if pulling head unit and replacing face plate will require an update at dealer to refresh VIN, hope since it is the same head the info should be stored somewhere. Again thanks for the replies from the family.

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,181 Posts
I would guess you will not have to have it programed if you are just changing face plate.

Reason Radios are programed to VIN, is radio is also our SECURITY system.

See flashing red light on radio?? Security!

Dicktaor

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I thought, just wanted to verify. Will let you know when I change it. Thanks to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts