Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
take a look at your antenna inthe right side of the windshield, if there are gaps in it then the windshield will need to be replaced. you can get a repair kit but it's not the best way to repair it, it look like crap afterwards.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Mason57 said:
On my '04 I couldn't get crab. On my '06 it is great. Same area.:)
I decided to have my window replaced because of poor reception. I now have a new windshield and the reception is SUPER!

Some of the 04's were experiencing a slight 1-1/2" seperation or break in the window antenna. You might want to try out a search because there are some other threads dealing with that same issue.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1728&highlight=radio+antenna

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Mine is CRAP. We will be in FL starting next week where we bought it and we are taking it in for that, the tink, the whine, etc.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Repaired Antenna

I opted for the repair antenna. Their is a repair kit that they can fix the antenna with. I printed off all the the threads from this site and took it to my dealer. Not sure the repair will hold out. But for now it's working just fine. Still may need to have the winshield replaced. Don't want to do that just yet may end up with a rock hitting the windshield. Then I'll replace it.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Waiting is good sometimes... but don't wait too long.

hotrodgirl said:
I opted for the repair antenna. Their is a repair kit that they can fix the antenna with. .... Don't want to do that just yet may end up with a rock hitting the windshield. Then I'll replace it.
I waited for the same reasons and low and behold BOOM a rock hit my windshield on the way home from the Homecoming events last summer. :eek

It then became the perfect time to get my antenna fixed! :leaving

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'd like to point out that the damp weather may be part of the problem. All summer I had great recpetion. And I drive daily through a pass that will knock out any reception that is less than excellent.

Since the damp and rainy weather set in. The radio reception going through the hills has dropped a lot. FM stations that were rock solid now lisp or fuzz out altogether.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts