Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at all the posts about aftermarket Radio's and Nov. 2019 is the newest, I am sure the technology has advanced a bit!
I need some advise on Aftermarket Radio with Bluetooth, CD player and Backup camera.
Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
536 Posts
You can look at all options available.
I have a Kenwood, Garmin and Tadi Brother backup camera.

·
Registered
05 Ricochet. 3rd one for fun
135 Posts
Do you use apple Car Play or Android Auto?
need a reverse camera? How about Sirius atelier radio?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to have Bluetooth and wireless backup camera and CD player, touch screen would be nice too!
I have a 2004 R, Thanks guys

·
SSR Believer
1,810 Posts
I looked at all the posts about aftermarket Radio's and Nov. 2019 is the newest, I am sure the technology has advanced a bit!
I need some advise on Aftermarket Radio with Bluetooth, CD player and Backup camera.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Although this thread starts back in 2006, the last post is just a few months ago. It has a lot of good info. All of my experience doing the same thing as you want to do is in there.

Something I mentioned in another of the dozens of threads on the subject is giving consideration to exactly how you'll be using your new stereo. The one I installed has everything you're looking for plus some including a DVD player, a CD player, backup camera, etc. Turns out I never play DVDs or want the hassle of changing CDs anymore. I listen to my iTunes library or Pandora wirelessly from my phone exclusively. Sometimes not at all so I can hear the sweet rumble of my pipes, but that's another story. ;)

The reason I mention it is to highlight the replacement stereo's form factor. The newer units that don't play CDs but have everything else you're looking for can be cheaper and most importantly they are smaller and will fit without any modifications. (I had to cut a bit of plastic away and bend a tab down in the back of the opening to get mine to fit.) Compare the two in the photos below.

As you mentioned, touch screens are the way to go. The stereo I bought has a resistive touch screen that works perfectly. Many models have capacitive touch screens (like smart phones) that work great too.

Most BT models can mirror your smart phones maps app or for a bit more many have NAV built in too.

If I had it to do over again I'd just get one with BT, Apple Car Play/Android Auto with backup camera capability instead of the "full-sized" model. Just something to consider.

Crutchfield has some great options (these are for SSRs with the Bose system):

My $.02. Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.11.18 AM.JPG Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.05.24 AM.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts