Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like so many other members my windshield antenna was, at some point, damaged so I get 0 reception. I tried the antenna/defroster wire conductive "paint" to repair it but the results were less than satisfactory. I am pursuing another option. I am going to try a "portable" antenna to connect up to the "button" that goes through the header to the radio. The button (female) connector that you can remove is available aftermarket, but the male portion that is attached to the windshield is the piece I need to adapt to the new portable antenna that I have.
Does anyone know where I can get this male part to complete my connection?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
When you do that repair make sure you use an ohmmeter and check to make sure you have good continuity with the repair. I think there is a thin layer of protectant on the trace that needs to be scraped off before applying the metal based repair paint. Use the voltmeter to insure that there is good continuity between the 2 sections of good traces to insure you know the repair was done properly. You could always extend the length of the OEM trace as well and that might make for better reception.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
I did mine with the repair kit years ago and it has been working good. I did find a second break in the line that was a hairline cut and almost impossible to see. Use a continuity checker to make sure the entire length is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts