Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio plays fine. put cd in it says load cd, it goes in then says track 1 but no sound.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
Did you give it a lot of time to start playing!? I thought ours didn't work because it took such a long time before the sound starts after showing Track 1

Nick

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
Is the CD home made or commercial. Maybe try it in a different location, as in CD2 or CD3 and see if it will play. The CD changer seems to be a weak feature with the stock radios. I know of almost a dozen which have failed so far. For my Co Pilot, removing the 6 CD changer is a Deal Breaker. I have Not quoted out what the $ cost is to repair the stock unit, but, now both of our '04 radios have gone tits up. I do have a back up unit, so, guess whose truck gets it.... Hers !

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
commercial, tried 2 different one, still says track 1. left it on driving home from work, no sound.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Just asking

Joe was the top and CD working OK when you purchased your R? Just asking because when I purchased mine with ONLY 17,000 miles I failed to check everything, assuming ALL would be OK, I was WRONG!:crying:

Wishing you ALL the best.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
My CD player is intermittent and I have concluded that it is the drive belt that spins the CD. It will stop mid song and 5 to 20 minutes later it will start up again right where it left off. I am sure that belt will break soon and I will have to pull the unit. I have already purchased a replacement but just do not feel like putting the work into it now. I am sure that it should be repairable and I will get it repaired and put it on the shelf for future use. Good luck with your trouble shooting.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
knew the top was not working, didn't know about cd player.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,067 Posts
Put the top down and with the use of the loud pedal you will have music to your ears. At least that is what I do with my true duals and Mikes 5 inch tips. Just sayin!!!

·
Premium Member
19,728 Posts
My cd radio showed it was working on display on front of radio but no sound . Changed out battery and it worked . You have been trying to fix top , have you run down battery ?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not that I know of, radio works and still cranks fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts