Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,009 Posts
Stock 6disc Bose
I have audio out of radio but not out of amp
If you have any sound from the speakers then the Amp is working.
On the Bose system the speaker outputs go through the Amp.
If the Amp is not working then no sound.
Unless you have a Base System (Non Bose) then there is no Amp but that's really rare.
Don't have Schematics for the Bose Amp but I suppose its possible something in the Amp could fail allowing a pass through of the pre-amp from the radio to the speakers.
Greg

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
You can’t just make up a word like schematics and expect everyone to know what it means. ??
Would Wiring Diagram be better? :nerd:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mind did the same thing it whould work on the bench but not in truck there was something in the radio on mine that the radio repair place could not figure out.I bought a Radio out of another ssr had it programmed to the truck than everything works fine.I mess with this for 5 months on and off over the winter boiled down to the radio was bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
new to the forum so just throwing some random questions out there:

Is there only one Bose stereo (the one with the 6 CD changer) that came as an option in the SSRs? Or maybe a better question is what sound systems were there available for SSRs? If an SSR has the factory Bose speakers does that mean it has the "Bose Premium Sound System"?

What are some opinions on the sound quality of the various systems?

What is Homelink?

TIA

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,009 Posts
new to the forum so just throwing some random questions out there:

Is there only one Bose stereo (the one with the 6 CD changer) that came as an option in the SSRs? Or maybe a better question is what sound systems were there available for SSRs? If an SSR has the factory Bose speakers does that mean it has the "Bose Premium Sound System"?

What are some opinions on the sound quality of the various systems?

What is Homelink?

TIA
Welcome to the Forum Matt.
The Premium Bose Radio included the integral 6 disk changer with AMP and was included in the Preferred Equipment Group Package with the Electochromatic rear View Mirror, heated and memory seat, Homelink mood lighted mirror and Engine cover insert. Almost all SSRs came from the Factory with this package (I'm sure I will be corrected if that is not true). I have never seen an SSR without this package but, I suppose there are a few out there.
Homelink is the Three buttons on the rearview Mirror that can be programed to operate remote Garage door openers, gates and other compatible remote devices.
If your SSR does not have Memory or Heated Seats then it most likely wont have the Bose or Homelink option.
Greg

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,009 Posts
Thanks Greg - good info!
Matt, contact Dinerman to get one of his Ultimate Drives. It is a USB drive with all the manuals, Dicktators DIY library, and a massive amount of other information about the SSR. It's a must have!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
My SSR unfortunately does not have the Preferred Equipment Group Package! :-(
Then there is lots of room for change and you are in the right place to learn how to do it!

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
I believe that base stereo with the single CD capacity can play Mp3s, which means you could load way more than 6 CDs worth of music on that single disc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts