Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,744 Posts
Good thing I don't follow that unwritten rule, because it has been raining for the last 3 days of my trip from California back to St Louis. In fact it has been raining now for the last 3 hours here in New Mexico. It was time to stop for the night anyway. I did put the running boards back on the truck to keep the sides a little cleaner but they still got a lot of spray on the sides. I had to stop at a car wash this morning and give it a quick rinse before I got on the road. I will probably do it again in the morning.

·
Proud Original Owner
18,189 Posts
In 2010 it rained on us all the way from Colorado to Illinois while we were driving the SSR home from the rally.
I just washed it at home when the rain stopped, no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I can understand why certain colored SSRs can’t be in the rain....the paint washes off?

Black stays on and shines even more!

·
Registered
207 Posts
So curious, no one here has put any kind of coating/treatment on their SSR to protect from the elements? i.e. ceramic coating that is supposed to make the water slide of instead of beading

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
So curious, no one here has put any kind of coating/treatment on their SSR to protect from the elements? i.e. ceramic coating that is supposed to make the water slide of instead of beading
:smile2:

I've done the windshield and windows with Rain X and that works great. But you're of course wanting a similar effect on the paint job.

I'd be curious too as to how well that works.:|

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
SSR police can write you a ticket for abuse...
Drive mine like a motorcycle... whenever I want to..but don't start out in the rain...and it stays inside in the winter....
I don't like to start out in the rain but going to my 60th Class Reunion Saturday July 28th and driving the SSR rain or shine. 800 mile round trip to Springfield, Illinois, then back again to the Route 66 Mother Road Festival September 20th. All in the "little red truck" tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Daily driver. We live in the Canadian rain forest (46" rainfall annually, from October thru' March). It rains, the SSR gets wet.

Our SSR does get washed occassionally (other than by rain) with the paint polished and sealed about once a year.

Ken, Vancouver Island

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,744 Posts
Make it 4 days in a row of rain on my trip. I finally put a new set of wiper blades on it this morning just incase. Ended up needing them. Hit pretty heavy rain in Oklahoma this after noon. The windshield has rain X on it but it was heavy enough today to need the wipers also.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,069 Posts
Mine is also a daily driver, rain or shine. Parked in the driveway when not being driven. I live at the beach and have to wash it often to keep the salt buildup to a minimum.

134 Posts
Cermanic Coat

SSR Minion....
I have done the R in 5 coats of Cermanic Coating. But I didnt stop there. I have put clear bra coating over
the hood, fenders and doors.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Frank..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts