Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know if this has been covered before but i just found out that when raising the roof, if you continue to hold the button after the chime sounds, both windows will also go up.

regards,

ken zeller

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Also once the top is in motion it will continue to work even with the truck moving up to 20 mph, so if you are at a light when it changes to green and you are in the middle of working the top it will continue as long as you don't pass 20 mph.

·
Registered
123 Posts
at 21 mph

My top was almost closed when I got that fast. You will just keep getting an audible tone and a message in the display. I don't remember what the message was.

Jason

·
Registered
73 Posts
This just happened to me this morning. The top just stops and the message was "roof ajar" and "slow down". I had to pull over and stop before the top would latch up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Actually, just slow below 20 again and re-engage the button. It will clear the "roof ajar" warning.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ECurtis said:
You guys also know that the roof will not go up or down if the trunk is open.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
That is all pretty interesting information. Can't tell you how many times I have been sitting at a stop light and wanted to either run the top up or down but was afraid the light would turn green before I got it cycled.....

Already knew about the windows but I guess I have never tried to cycle the top with the tonneau open.....

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Other items

I got to inform an SSR fanatic that had his cell phone plugged into the cigarette lighter that there were 2 accessory plugs, one on either side of the ash tray. So now he could close that ashtray!

If you search for tips, you might find a lot of other useful information....

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:
I got to inform an SSR fanatic that had his cell phone plugged into the cigarette lighter that there were 2 accessory plugs, one on either side of the ash tray. So now he could close that ashtray!

And the one in the Truck Bed!!!! :thumbs

·
Registered
321 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:

R U in Sacramento looking in the cab of my SSR? Dang, I have been caught. I don't know if it is CRS (Can't Remember $$$hit) or the fact that I drive 3 different cars, but it seems like a learning experience each time I get in one!!! Where is the garage door opener, 12V accessory plug, where do I put my phone, coffee, sunglasses and sometimes I ever forget where to put my wife!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Rainwater said:
R U in Sacramento looking in the cab of my SSR? Dang, I have been caught. I don't know if it is CRS (Can't Remember $$$hit) or the fact that I drive 3 different cars, but it seems like a learning experience each time I get in one!!! Where is the garage door opener, 12V accessory plug, where do I put my phone, coffee, sunglasses and sometimes I ever forget where to put my wife!!!!!!!

I was wondering who that woman was in my SSR the other day!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
New information

Guys, I know this is a GIANT step for you, but most of the info on this thread is in your owner's manual. Get your wife to read to you ( just as I did for my hubby) :lol :lol :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
woohoo said:
Guys, I know this is a GIANT step for you, but most of the info on this thread is in your owner's manual. Get your wife to read to you ( just as I did for my hubby) :lol :lol :lol
:thumbs ...good one woohoo

·
Registered
321 Posts
woohoo said:
But wouldn't that compare to asking for directions when you are not certain just where you are going?? Besides if I missplace my wife, how could I have her read to me.... I guess a GIANT step would be to just learn how to read..... OMG OMG

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Wife???? Who can afford a wife?????

R

·
0 Posts
HAHAHAHA! While testosterone makes it difficult to concentrate on the boring manual, we could at least run through it a couple times, lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
RoadsterJim said:
Wife???? Who can afford a wife?????
Shoot, no problem.... I paid cash for my SSR but I am a LOOOOOOONGGGGGG term payment schedule with my wife....!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts