Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle coming from the passenger side rear, can't figure out if its coming from the door or the top. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
If the passenger seat is all the way back with nobody sitting in it, mine will sometimes rattle. I move the seat forward a smidgen and all better.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I have a rattle coming from the passenger side rear, can't figure out if its coming from the door or the top. Anyone have any suggestions?
Have you tried moving the seatbelt buckle? When I don’t have a passenger, I buckle the belt to keep the metal end from rattling against the interior trim and/or the seat air bag cover.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts
Seat belt in mine does it too. Just figured it out the other day.

Reactions: yellow bear

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
another possibility is your tonneau cover. there is a piece of rubber hose on a bolt (replaced in mid 2005 by a deleon bushing) If is gone it all cause a rattle

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,014 Posts
Bill, can you post a picture of that spot? I have a rattle that may be "this one" and unable to fix it. Definitely going to lock the seat belt to see if that helps also. Thanks! Bill

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Bill, can you post a picture of that spot? I have a rattle that may be "this one" and unable to fix it. Definitely going to lock the seat belt to see if that helps also. Thanks! Bill
The rubber hose can degrade and fall off. You can obtain the bushings from Simple-Engineering.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a bad rattle in the same location. I checked the door, the seat belts, the top and related covers, and the rear deck lid. NADA. I later was incidentally cleaning the fuel filler door area and as I was wiping down the rubber filler pipe surround I saw that the filler pipe was moving quite a bit and as it did I heard a distinct rattle. I found the problem by taking the gas cap off and pulling the rubber "skirt" out and off. This allows you to see down along the filler pipe and I could see very plainly, as I wiggled the pipe, that the factory bracket that secures the pipe and accompanying hoses to the frame was loose/disconnected. It was vibrating and hitting the bottom of the bed. It is in a difficult position on top of the frame rail so I took a 1/2" thick piece of neoprene rubber and from underneath the truck I wedged it tightly between the bed and the top of the hoses to force them to set tightly on top of the frame. I may try to re-attach the original strap support in the future, but it sure is nice to have a nice quiet ride now! Hope this helps a fanatic or two. I can't imagine that my SSR is the only one where this "iffy" strap has come loose.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I have the same noise and have checked and moved a lot of items in my Truck with no luck.
The fuel fill pipe makes since so will check also.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
I had a rattle that was driving me crazy that I could not isolate. I finally found it when I replaced my DRL Diode. The cover on the bulkhead box that houses the Bose unit, DRL diode and RDM when latched down would rattle when you tapped on it and it was the same noise I had been hearing. I stuck some 1/4" neoprene weather-strip on the underside of the cover where it was contacting and the noise disappeared.

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,014 Posts
Update: 1) Checked the rubber piece on the bolt Bill pictured, it was fine, but wrapped a piece of Velcro around it since it is so hard, doubt it did anything. 2) Fastened passenger seat belt. 3) Pulled the rubber collar from the fuel neck pipe, it was tight; Wedged a small piece of water pipe foam insulation between the fuel neck pipe and a small pipe attached to it that could be banging depending on the severity of the rough spot in the road I hit (not a mechanic so no idea what this is). Went for a drive, unfortunately....they paved the road where my "favorite" bumps were so will find new ones! HA! Did seem to lessen the small stuff! Will update after I give it a true test drive. Bill

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts
You need three things.
1. Turn the radio up.
2. Louder exhaust.
3. Start Permagrinning not listening.

Just kidding!!! Ha! Ha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts