Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cape Escape Tour Guide
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as I get ready to put the truck to bed for the winter, I have developed a rattle. It sounds like the passenger door is not shut all the way, but of course it is. I mostly hear it with the top up of course. I suspect the roof linkages on the passenger side. Anyone else experience this? Are there fittings to grease or bushings to replace?

Jeff :blur: Cape Cod Blur

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,954 Posts
I have found that the buckle on the seatbelt gets into a postion on occassion where it will cause a rattle against the door or the hoop on the seat. I can't figure out which because it is while driving and I can't see it but I can move it and the rattle stops. Normally after I have had a passenger. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also hearing a rattle, but behind the drivers side. Of course I only hear it when roof is up, so am assuming it is one of the roof brackets in the storage area. Has anyone solved this type of problem? I've only had my 06 for a couple of months and would like to remedy the noise. Thanks

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Go to the thread posted earlier this spring called "that ka-thunk sound" as this sounds like the noise you describe. That being like the door is not closed correctly. If this fits, there is an easier fix than the velcro. PM me if you find this is the problem and I will tell you how to fix it easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts