Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RDM (Roof Door Module) 03 and 04 have different Part Number than 05 and 06.

I remove my RDM 04 and installed an 05 RDM, my roof worked fine, windows up/down everything the same as 04 RDM.

So, if you need a RDM ANY year will work fine. 03-06 all the same.

I am going to leave 05 RDM in my truck.

Rear Fuse Box ALL the same 03-06. Different Part Number 03/04 from 05/06 but ALL the same.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Great to know as the electrical gremlins in my 06 are continuing to act up.

Latest is that when using the fob to unlock the horn chirps and the lights flash but no lock movement. So when I unlock with the key sometimes the window will index to open but goes back up after the door clears the weather strip but then creates issues when closing the door. Ugh

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Latest is that when using the fob to unlock the horn chirps and the lights flash but no lock movement. So when I unlock with the key sometimes the window will index to open but goes back up after the door clears the weather strip but then creates issues when closing the door. Ugh
It is your Door Latch/Lock Module

See SSR How to Library, Look at "Door Latch Lock"

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

I have rebuilt ones in stock, exchange, send me yours, I send you a rebuilt one.

Dicktator

·
Mike and Karyn
2,373 Posts

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is what happens to Door Latch/Lock Module.

Over time, water gets in. Rain, Car Wash, condensation all contribute.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have new if you want a new one.:smile2:

$305.00
If you have one for a 2005, I'll take one (maybe two)...

Let me know as soon as possible and I'll get the $$$ sent to you.

I sent an email with my contact info...

Blessings,
Doc S

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
RDM (Roof Door Module) 03 and 04 have different Part Number than 05 and 06.

I remove my RDM 04 and installed an 05 RDM, my roof worked fine, windows up/down everything the same as 04 RDM.

So, if you need a RDM ANY year will work fine. 03-06 all the same.

I am going to leave 05 RDM in my truck.

Rear Fuse Box ALL the same 03-06. Different Part Number 03/04 from 05/06 but ALL the same.

Dicktator

Agreed. I am running an 03-04 RDM in my 2005. The only difference is that the 03-04 RDM does not have a sensor for the outside temperature, so if you have such a gauge in your 05-06, it will not operate. Just put the top down and the temperature will be obvious.

Cheers.

Reactions: BROKER03

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
I am running an 03-04 RDM in my 2005. The only difference is that the 03-04 RDM does not have a sensor for the outside temperature, so if you have such a gauge in your 05-06, it will not operate.
Are you talking about the aux gauges on the floor or the DIC?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Was there ever a response to this inquiry as to motor source for the Door Latch/Door Lock module?

@Dicktator can you please provide details

Thanks.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Are you talking about the aux gauges on the floor or the DIC?
On 05/06 temp appears on DIC/Cluster but 03/04 doesn't have temp sensor near front bumper and is not programed to read outside temp on DIC/Cluster.

But, all the RDM will work in any SSR as far as roof/windows ect.

Lock motors come from China but are wrong polarity, have to be taken apart and reversed to work on Door Latch/Lock Module.

Dicktator

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
CID/cluster? Is that the DIC (Driver Information Center) in the dash?

He said the '03-'04 RDM will work in the '05-'06 except the temp gage won't work. I know the '05-'06 has a sensor behind the grille but I don't know if the signal is processed by, or routed through, the RDM. That's why I asked if he meant the aux floor gages or the DIC in the dash won't work.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CID/cluster? Is that the DIC (Driver Information Center) in the dash?

He said the '03-'04 RDM will work in the '05-'06 except the temp gage won't work. I know the '05-'06 has a sensor behind the grille but I don't know if the signal is processed by, or routed through, the RDM. That's why I asked if he meant the aux floor gages or the DIC in the dash won't work.
OOPS! Thanks Bruce, I get a lot backward anymore, like 38yrs old, OOPS! that's 83yrs old.

I am not sure if the RDM sends temp signal but I know that it displays on DIC/Cluster without "temp" when an 05/06 RDM is installed in 04, at least that is what happened when I ran 05 RDM in my 04.

Dicktator

·
Registered
103 Posts
That temp. gauge looks to be very inaccurate. Always shows hotter than it is. They do look good but I agree, just drive with the top down. ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts