Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy SSR
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know were to get a RDM Module for a 2006. I took my carto the dealers because the roof will not go up and they said it was that the RDM Module was bad and it is a discontinue apart. I would ever that a after market part?

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR,2004 Ultra Violet
1,370 Posts
Does anyone know were to get a RDM Module for a 2006. I took my carto the dealers because the roof will not go up and they said it was that the RDM Module was bad and it is a discontinue apart. I would ever that a after market part?
It is extremely hard to find part if you do the RDM is going to be around $3000. I would get a second opinion before I spend that kind of money. What does the DIC say when you try operating the roof?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,341 Posts
@rmuir8021, Don't take a dealers word, post what's happening here for advise. Meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Pinmap Available

Nick & Kathy

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,816 Posts
I no longer trust any dealership to properly diagnose an RDM. Generally speaking, the GM dealers no longer have the ability or desire to troubleshoot that system on the SSR.

Here are some key RDM Questions that you need to answer:
1) Do the windows operate?
2) Does the cargo cover open?
3) Do the door locks work?
4) Does the air conditioning work?

If all four of the above are problematic with a non-working top, you may have a bad RDM. There are technical troubleshooting steps that can be followed after this, but I’m not gonna get into the weeds in messaging on the forum.

If key questions 1-4 are NOT problematic, you need to give us the symptoms…… what does the display in the instrument cluster display when you try to transition the top?

Mike

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,250 Posts
I no longer trust any dealership to properly diagnose an RDM. Generally speaking, the GM dealers no longer have the ability or desire to troubleshoot that system on the SSR.

Here are some key RDM Questions that you need to answer:
1) Do the windows operate?
2) Does the cargo cover open?
3) Do the door locks work?
4) Does the air conditioning work?

If all four of the above are problematic with a non-working top, you may have a bad RDM. There are technical troubleshooting steps that can be followed after this, but I’m not gonna get into the weeds in messaging on the forum.

If key questions 1-4 are NOT problematic, you need to give us the symptoms…… what does the display in the instrument cluster display when you try to transition the top?

Mike
Mike
Door Locks ----- I may be mistaken but i don't think they are connected to the RDM and thus they will function properly without a functioning RDM.
Looking at the door lock function from the console switch versus the key fob - will indicate a console switch issue.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,202 Posts
It's a couple hundred miles south from you, but the Cincinnatti fanatic crew can probably help you with your roof problem. I think they are even getting together the 26th to work on one so you could catch them together then.
What about it @Firetruck ?
We can definitely check the physical part of the roof but it looks like some other questions need answered first. But bring it down Sunday and we can certainly help diagnose.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mike
Door Locks ----- I may be mistaken but i don't think they are connected to the RDM and thus they will function properly without a functioning RDM.
Looking at the door lock function from the console switch versus the key fob - will indicate a console switch issue.
The Door Locks were the only item that functioned on that list when I purchased my truck. The seller told me the guy he bought it from said it needed to have a relay replaced, and... I believed him. That relay turned out to be an RDM.

·
Daily Driver
9,434 Posts
We can definitely check the physical part of the roof but it looks like some other questions need answered first. But bring it down Sunday and we can certainly help diagnose.
Watch out for that Cincinnati crew they fix things well but they've been known to use bad language and sometimes go as far as consuming alcohol at the end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts