Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about ready to invest in a 69 Camaro when my wife reminded me that I bought my SSR instead of a Camaro. She asked why I didn't go ahead and jsut supercharge it? She also added that the custom paint would be cool to and she did not care...

Ok...I've read the threads...Anyone who has installed one, what problems have/are you having?

How do you like it?

I am not planning on headers or changing exhaust at this point. Any real problems here?

I think I want it more for the show than the go because even if you change exhaust and headers, I don't think it will make a big difference.

Any help would be great.

Scott

·
Registered
253 Posts
WOW! Would you have your wife call mine, I'll pay for the call?! :cool :thumbs

I havn't installed one yet, havn't talked the wife into it.

There are several people on here that do have the supercharger on their SSR. Check out the pics or do a search. Someone will step up and give you some info.

Jim G. would be a good candidate to talk about HP. He doesn't have one on his but he can sure make em go!

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
The supercharger is an instant 100 hp minimum gain, but the addition of Supermaxx headers, dual exhaust, and a dyno tune that maximizes the COMBINATION, would be even better.

If you are willing to get into changing the cam, that's an instant 40 hp even with NOTHING else.

My book will lay out a methodical plan covering minor to major, and reversible to non-reversible mods.

The 04 has the advantage of being fully computer tunable right now, whereas the 05 tuning software is not yet generally available.

The potential you have is GREAT.

And yes, can you have your wife call MY wife?

Jim G

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,

She knows it is cheaper to buy the supercharger than the 69 z28...

I know that the headers and exhaust are a bonus, but how do you think it would perform without those upgrades. I would definitely have it dyno tuned. Like I've said, not looking for max HP just Cool :cool ...

Scott

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Scott; It would be spectacular even without them. The nice things about a blower is that it acutally DOES "blow" air through the engine even when the intake and exhaust plumbing are not ideal!

Jim G

·
Registered
58 Posts
Supercharger

Scott,
I added the Magnuson Supercharger to my '04 last winter and loved the difference. Last month I added the Dynatech headers with a chambered exhaust system from All Stainless Works and the truck sounds great. Tomorrow afternoon I will pick it up from the shop installing my 4.56 ring and pinion. This truck will feel and sound like the factory should have made it feel and sound for the investment we have in them. I love this truck!! My next move is to the local dyno tuner.

Bill Brooks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts