Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating if it's worth buying an aftermarket bumper, and the side skirts and removing and selling my stock front bumper and running boards. eBay doesn't have much to reference so how much money could I realistically sell the front bumper and running boards for? I know shipping is the killer when it comes to large parts like these. The boards look good but considering their age and position paint would probably be needed to freshen them up. The front bumper is near perfect silver.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I'm debating if it's worth buying an aftermarket bumper, and the side skirts and removing and selling my stock front bumper and running boards. eBay doesn't have much to reference so how much money could I realistically sell the front bumper and running boards for? I know shipping is the killer when it comes to large parts like these. The boards look good but considering their age and position paint would probably be needed to freshen them up. The front bumper is near perfect silver.
Thanks
Was told Insurance company's are paying up to 2k for front Fasica. My new one cost 425 to ship from Utah to TN.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 2 were sold on eBay recently one for 900+ shipping and another for 600 free shipping. It's very hard to judge. And the running boards are even harder to get any baseline for

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Nobodies going to really know what there worth you will have to put what you want to get out of them and see what happens, you can always negotiate a price with who ever's interested. Remember like anything you sell you can always go low on your price it's damn hard to increase it if you get any interest.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Another price in your favor is it the same color the person is looking for. My thought is if you had to replace it, what would it cost you? Because you know once it is gone and you need one the price has increased.

·
LKMURKY
449 Posts
Thanks
Sounds like you are going to have an MPD overhaul to me, you will like the look. I love the Running board mod, but needs the front end done too to make it look right. It's just money, ya might as well enjoy it while you can, can't take it with you.
IF you are not in a hurry, I'm sure you can get a decent price for them, there will either be no market for it or a seller's market when someone needs the items. Being that it is spring rally season, pretty good chance you could sell them at a rally, or get parts transported through the fanatics network.
Cary
LKMURKY
:blur:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked a few junk yard networks, 1 2005 front bumper available and 1 2004 both almost $1000. That's it!! 2 was all I could find. And only 1 set of boards and they were 600 each. Looks like someone else is going to pay to customize my vehicle. Sorry don't want to come off the wrong way but I would normally just toss these parts.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,298 Posts
I searched for boards for my truck after I got it and I found them on line for crazy money like 600 for a single board with no brackets. I finally found some listed here in pairs and with brackets, prices varied from a low of 350 plus shipping to 500 plus shipping. I ended up finding a deal on a pair and got them for 400 shipped if memory serves me correct.
So there is what I found when I was looking and those prices seem to be realistic and they seem to sell with in a short time.

As for front bumper prices I have watched on line and seen a complete front with grill insert and fog lights sell for 900, to new bumper covers for sale from GM for closer to 1000.00. Mike Byers would be my go to if I needed a new front bumper as he has the best prices on new GM parts. I have also seen some front covers with light damage for sale for 350-500 range.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
------- I would normally just toss these parts.
You will find out, Don't "just toss" anything you take off your SSR!!!! Even some of the Electronics can be rebuilt by these guys for spares or they can do an autopsy to try and find a fix for future failures!

Nick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will find out, Don't "just toss" anything you take off your SSR!!!! Even some of the Electronics can be rebuilt by these guys for spares or they can do an autopsy to try and find a fix for future failures!

Nick
I just watched a YouTube video, they said the company that made the sheet metal for the ssr went out of business 4 years later. I've worked at a body shop on and off for 15 years. I normally wouldn't have thought twice throwing out a panel or bumper cover, hell most vehicles you can get a new one for 100 or less but I'm amazed at the prices parts for this one are going for. At some point in the future these vehicles will be worth more in parts than whole.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Email me at redfoxssr.gmail.com Tell me what you need I have front end parts and doors plus more off 06 silver SSR that I am parting out
boards already sold

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Email me at redfoxssr.gmail.com Tell me what you need I have front end parts and doors plus more off 06 silver SSR that I am parting out
boards already sold
Thanks but don't need anything, I'm going to sell the stock parts I have and go aftermarket. The prices I can get for these parts will pay for most if not all of the custom parts I want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts