Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Interesting to look at but not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
893 Posts
What he said ^

RSHottel said:
Interesting to look at but not my cup of tea.
:agree :agree The longer I look at it ....the less I would ever want one that color.......Guess I'm stuck on black :seeya

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Speed had Nick Cage's Lambo Diablo on Barrett-Jackson's Palm Springs auction from last year. That Lambo Orange has some pretty spectacular pearl in it.

I would have taken one in a heartbeat IF GM had done their final Edition in that color, instead of the Sunburst Orange.:cry

I know others liked the Sunburst, but I thought it was horid - so.... went with the silver on black instead.

The cancellation of the Spring Edition didn't bother me at all - I would have been bouncing off the walls if they'd planned it in Lambo Orange then cancelled.

I think I'd be quite interested in the ASC SSR on EBay if I didn't have an order in - especially with the 6 speed. I think I'd have to see it in person to make sure it hadn't been beat up too badly in the 10000 miles it's been through.

Ray

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Ray I was not impressed with it at the home coming. You have made the right buy.

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Thanks, Rebel

Was it paint quality, workmanship, or condition?

Ray

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

The mods, rims, and the paint was just to big for it. It look bigger and not as crisp as our yellow or red. It was like, a black metalflake looks, muddy.
And yes she would have more hand prints on her than that Pam Anderson.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Orange

Notice the Les Stanford Plate frame. When I bought my SSR from Stanford the sales manager talked about a orange 05 . I seem to recall that their bodyshop painted at least one car orange. Mabe our contact there can shed some light on the subject.
Truck looks Great!

All the best,

Tom

·
Registered
89 Posts
hot-rod said:
Notice the Les Stanford Plate frame. When I bought my SSR from Stanford the sales manager talked about a orange 05 . I seem to recall that their bodyshop painted at least one car orange. Mabe our contact there can shed some light on the subject.
Truck looks Great!

All the best,

Tom

we did sell the car . it was painted by ASC before it left the factory. That orange is " VERY BRIGHT" in the sun.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
why does the build sheet say 41u black? instead of special color?
It may have been primed and then painted later. :confused

BTW: Remember that the primer is the same color and matches that of the final paint code. It might be possible that they choose the black primer to use for the base coat for that orange paint?

·
Registered
89 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
why does the build sheet say 41u black? instead of special color?

the panels were picked up from the factory and custom painted at asc's shop. the
window sticker will say it's black because there is no paint code for the orange.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts