Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #202

·
Premium Member
2005 6 speed red
154 Posts
Thats correct , I could see 250 owners with 6 speed wanting the 430 gears

You wont know unless you start a group buy and do a market survey for the 430 gear assy

Note :

Iam in process of doing cnc alloy gopro mounts for wingtip and rear tail for spec aircraft that owners asked me to mfg

The will replace the oem tiedown assys I produce and can be removed easly.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
With 4:10's being the usual selection for automatic trucks and 4:56's used by most 6 speed owners, I doubt there's much interest in 4:30's in the 6 speeds. And, as Topspin stated, low production numbers and a resistance to modify severely limits your marketing opportunity. Keep in mind, while some of us have done gear swaps, most SSR owners are not keen to the idea. I bet you'd be lucky to find a dozen takers. Now, if you can find another vehicle application that could use this gear set up, that may change the dynamics.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
662 Posts
With 4:10's being the usual selection for automatic trucks and 4:56's used by most 6 speed owners, I doubt there's much interest in 4:30's in the 6 speeds. And, as Topspin stated, low production numbers and a resistance to modify severely limits your marketing opportunity. Keep in mind, while some of us have done gear swaps, most SSR owners are not keen to the idea. I bet you'd be lucky to find a dozen takers. Now, if you can find another vehicle application that could use this gear set up, that may change the dynamics.
Before reinventing the wheel, if I am not mistaken the rear end in either six speeds or automatics are the same as used in other GM and possibly even other manufacturer's vehicles. Eaton in Trailblazers & other truck based Chevys & GMCs, Torsen in Camaro/Firebird & even Mustangs. Are we sure no one is currently already doing a 4.30 gearset for one or the other of these?

·
Premium Member
2005 6 speed red
154 Posts
373 or 456
430 would be best for 2006 / 6 speed
I asked mfg ' / motive gear

I will contact the shop with a Broach machine in the past

HRE will design my wheel also from a billet block , I want a multi spoke design

Here are the RS wheel I had done with centerlock

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Summit Racing shows to have one 4.30 set for an automatic(small diff) in stock. Motive Gear performance set, part #G885430 for $264.28. In the Motive Gear standard sets #GM10-430, they show eight at $251.95. This is what comes up in a cursory search of their site by typing in an SSR, but the references are kinda light on detail so I think one would have to call them about fitment. 4.30s are out there it would seem.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
There is another potential application which is the Trailblazer SS. It uses the same 9.5" axle as the SSR 6 speed. The TBSS came stock with 4.10s - wish that ours came that way from the factory!

Reactions: tuckerred1948

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Summit Racing shows to have one 4.30 set for an automatic(small diff) in stock. Motive Gear performance set, part #G885430 for $264.28. In the Motive Gear standard sets #GM10-430, they show eight at $251.95. This is what comes up in a cursory search of their site by typing in an SSR, but the references are kinda light on detail so I think one would have to call them about fitment. 4.30s are out there it would seem.
The 4.30s shown are for the 8.5" axle found in auto SSRs. There has never been 4.30s available for the 9.5" axle found it the 6 speed Rs. This recent discussion is only about the 9.5" axle.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Thanks @Topspin, one can always count on you for the story beneath the headline. And I guess auto-trans guys don't want anything that numerically low. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 6 speed red
154 Posts
I don’t want that short of first to second

GB

I will advise feedback after
Headers
Cat delete
Complete exhaust
Tune
Gear swap

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I don’t want that short of first to second

GB
I went with 4:11s for the same reason. If 4:30s were available for the six-speed, I would have gone that route. 4:30s would work well.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Thanks @Topspin, one can always count on you for the story beneath the headline. And I guess auto-trans guys don't want anything that numerically low. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right you are, there's a big difference between the .70 overdrive in the autos and the .56 6th gear in the stick version! The autos end up with a 2.61 final drive ratio, while the sticks are at 2.09. When you swap to 4.56s, in a stick R, you end up @ 2.55, higher than a stock auto version! So personally, I wouldn't consider a 4.30, even if available for my 6 speed.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts