Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if the rear bow tie can be removed, glued on, bolted, etc. I want to do some graphic work and the rear tailgate is too busy with the bow tie, SSR, etc. Thanks, Scheide.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Bowtie removal

The rear bowtie is held on with double face tape. There are two holes in the tailgate that are used to line up the bowtie, with the two studs that stick out from the rear of the bowtie. Be very careful when you try to get it off, its on like superman stuck it on

:) :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah, what he said...

...plus a gentle hand with a heat gun (or borrow a hair dryer on high setting).

Diggs

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
...plus a gentle hand with a heat gun (or borrow a hair dryer on high setting).

Diggs
When useing a hair dryer be careful not to bubble or discolor paint.I've done it before. It starts to discolor first. then its to late!!So be very carefull & go slow, pulling bow tie @ the same time your heating it.
Raider Keith:silver:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
When useing a hair dryer be careful not to bubble or discolor paint.I've done it before. It starts to discolor first. then its to late!!So be very carefull & go slow, pulling bow tie @ the same time your heating it.
Raider Keith:silver:
It helps to let it sit in the sun on a hot day when you use dental floss.

:black:​

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,999 Posts
At my friend's (yes I do have one) body shop they have an induction heater. It's essentially a powerful magnet and it heats the metal panel, not the emblem so the emblems decals, etc just peel right off. That's the best way to go if you have access to one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts