Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have any clue on how to take the chevy emblem off the back of the tailgate so that i can spray paint it black, just like i did with my front one?

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
When I removed my 350Z emblems it was with nylon fishing line and the sun. If you are careful you can use a heat gun. Once the emblem is warm you can use the fishing line or in some case dental floss to work the floss inbetween the emblem and the body of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Jay03SSR said:
does anybody have any clue on how to take the chevy emblem off the back of the tailgate so that i can spray paint it black, just like i did with my front one?
I removed mine by using a blow dryer and heated it a little, than used a putty knife with masking tape on it so it didn't scratch the paint to pop it of. to reinstall you could use double sided tape or a some silicone. There are two pins on the emblem so you can get it back on straight.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My old car had a BMW emblem on the back, which I liked much better.

So I'm guessing that swapping the Chevy emblem with BMW isn't going to be that hard?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
dougnc said:
My old car had a BMW emblem on the back, which I liked much better.

So I'm guessing that swapping the Chevy emblem with BMW isn't going to be that hard?
How is that lipstick....by the way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts