Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP NEEDED :Rear compartment cover liner

My new vehicle does not have the cargo bed carpet package like my original SSR. Even though I like the plastic bed liner on my new ride, I am not happy that there is nothing but paint on the rear compartment cover.

My Question: If I purchase the carpet trim package #10388714, it comes with the cargo lamp which something I miss right know.

Does anyone know where I would find the connector that I need to plug into for the lamp power. This is an 05. I can see that the wire goes behind the hinge on my other vehicle, I just need to know if there is a plug there for power or do I need an additional wire harness and where would this come from.

I am planning on leaving the plastic liner on this one. Hope this all makes sense. Planning on ordering the upper cover Tuesday if all will work out.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
631 Posts
bcbear10 said:
My new vehicle does not have the cargo bed carpet package like my original SSR. Even though I like the plastic bed liner on my new ride, I am not happy that there is nothing but paint on the rear compartment cover.

My Question: If I purchase the carpet trim package #10388714, it comes with the cargo lamp which something I miss right know.

Does anyone know where I would find the connector that I need to plug into for the lamp power. This is an 05. I can see that the wire goes behind the hinge on my other vehicle, I just need to know if there is a plug there for power or do I need an additional wire harness and where would this come from.

I am planning on leaving the plastic liner on this one. Hope this all makes sense. Planning on ordering the upper cover Tuesday if all will work out.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hello BCBear -

Ordered the cargo bed carpet package for my wife's 04,and noted the wiring included replaced the wire harness that ran from the bed (hidden behind the plastic bed liner) to the connection in the rest of the harness that is under the frame at the rear of the bed. This is probably not what you wanted to read. The wire you see disappearing under the bracket for the hinge mechanism traces through the double wall of the bed to the back of the bed (driver's side) and drops down to plug in - coming out of the double wall above the frame and behind the cargo cover motor mechanism. It's a real pain in the a$$, but remove the plastic housing for the cargo motor actuator, and you can get the new wiring through the frame/bed structure. A big challenge is that the wire disappears behind the hinge and the clearance is such that you need to remove the hinge bracket to get to the wire. After two adjustments, we're close to getting the bracket back to where it was originally...!

The big difference is the additional wire thar runs from the harness behind the hinge brace/bracket to the light connector - round, multi-pin, housing screws on. You may need to become really close friends with a GM dealer to get what you need without buying a multi-$ wire harness. Good luck, and PM if I can provide more (better?) information. Regards, Frank D. - AZ :seeya

Just wanted to clarify that what we ordered was the entire bed carpet cover package, not just the cover/cover.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blueeyes said:
Hello BCBear -

Ordered the cargo bed carpet package for my wife's 04,and noted the wiring included replaced the wire harness that ran from the bed (hidden behind the plastic bed liner) to the connection in the rest of the harness that is under the frame at the rear of the bed. This is probably not what you wanted to read. The wire you see disappearing under the bracket for the hinge mechanism traces through the double wall of the bed to the back of the bed (driver's side) and drops down to plug in - coming out of the double wall above the frame and behind the cargo cover motor mechanism. It's a real pain in the a$$, but remove the plastic housing for the cargo motor actuator, and you can get the new wiring through the frame/bed structure. A big challenge is that the wire disappears behind the hinge and the clearance is such that you need to remove the hinge bracket to get to the wire. After two adjustments, we're close to getting the bracket back to where it was originally...!

The big difference is the additional wire thar runs from the harness behind the hinge brace/bracket to the light connector - round, multi-pin, housing screws on. You may need to become really close friends with a GM dealer to get what you need without buying a multi-$ wire harness. Good luck, and PM if I can provide more (better?) information. Regards, Frank D. - AZ :seeya

Just wanted to clarify that what we ordered was the entire bed carpet cover package, not just the cover/cover.
Thanks blueeys for the info. I was afraid of this. I believe the harness you are refering to is an additional $110.00 an top of the carpet I want. Price for the truck was right so the work will be worth it. Also thinking of running a wire from the light to the 12v receprical and just plug it in when light is needed. All depends on how lazy I get.

Thanks again for your help,

Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts