Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problem with the rear deck lid poping open on my 04. going down the road, parked at a parking lot or even just in my garage.... seems as if someone has a key fob controller like mine... HEY LLOGER ITS NOT YOU IS IT... :lol :lol :lol

IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM ASK LLOYD aka lloger

lloger had a great time with you and the group at half moon bay cant wait to see the photos ... just in case lloger doesnt answer why my lid pops open here the answer
while on half moon bay run at alices restruant9YES THE FAMOUS BIKE HANGOUT)
LLOYD WAS TRYING TO GET INTO THE REAR OF HIS YELLOW SSR HAD A VERY PUZZ;\LED LOOK ON HIS FACE TOLD ME HIS DECK LID WAS NOT OPENING.OH NO NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM.. WELL IT TURNS OUT HE WAS PUSHING HIS BUTTON AT MY TRUCK AND IT JUST WOULDN'T OPEN HIS WAS NEXT TO MINE DECK LID ALREADY OPEN :lol :lol :banghead :banghead MUST HAVE BEEN TO MUCH CLEAN NORTHERN CAL AIR HUH LLOYD SEE YOU AND YOURS SOON

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Just a shot in the dark.

I'm assuming that the cover is being closed properly and that it hasen't been inadverntly triggered. (You mignt not notice. These covers frequently release but stay stuck down when triggered. It depends on several variables that have been well covered in past threads.)

I think I'd investigate the black box attached to the body underside. It's the one noted in the owners manual, where the emergency cargo cover release is described.

Check to see if the emergency release works as advertised.

·
Premium Member
19,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beer 100

lloger was trying to open his but was at my ssr I think he was a little confused on which truck was his, he was busy taking pictures we both laughed about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts