Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious: Has anyone ever come out with an aftermarket panel to fit in the pocket area of the rear deck lid? GM offered
this for a limited time. It seems like this would be a natural item to come up with seeing there are so many people in
the club who dabble in sheet metal. And, if anyone has an original for sale, let me know. LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I bought a set of the SSR letters that were made for the hood liner and used velcro to keep them in place. Some have cut foam to fit and then cut out to install a set the SSR marked wrenches in it.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
240 Gordy, I'm not sure. I seem to remember seeing a (not too clear) picture of something showing a storage area located on the bottom
side of the rear deck lid. If I remember right it was a small area for papers, wrenches, etc. This doesn't help much but, it is all I have on
the subject. Maybe, there is someone else out there who knows more. LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
240 Gordy: Did you have any further information on this subject? It appears that you might have more familiarity with this than I. LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Keep it latched.

Gordy I think you are correct. I use the one I have for misc items and owner's manual. It has a latch so it will only fall out when you open it.

I think that these are not a separate item buy but are part of the cover carpet in some models.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
That is a good spot for my backup Glock and extra ammo!!!

·
BLU SSR
3,538 Posts
Read here. I have the 3 sets of bow tie tools in collector tin boxes to make up this kit if anyone is interested. I bought these several years ago on eBay and they were a little pricey, but they are no longer available so they would be very cool in the SSR as shown in the link with the tools installed. The kits contain many more than the tools shown.

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/tonneau-cover-storage-compartment-197417/#/topics/197417?page=1
PM sent about tools :blur::ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,449 Posts
Not certain but I believe that Deck Lid Storage Pocket was discontinued about mid 2005 Model Year.

The Doophus's Birthday is 05 May and NO POCKET.

For what it's worth . . . there is an entire thread on this very topic from a few years ago.

! :surprise: ! :cry ! :surprise: ! :cry ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
259 Posts
In Wyoming, they passed a law that for vehicles like SSRs, you don't have to have a front license plate. It was honcho'd through the legislature by an SSR owner.
So I don't run afoul of a Trooper who might not know the law, I keep my front license plate in that very thin compartment.
Also, since I live in Wyo, my revolver is usually on my person, not in the cargo bin.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
In Wyoming, they passed a law that for vehicles like SSRs, you don't have to have a front license plate. It was honcho'd through the legislature by an SSR owner.
So I don't run afoul of a Trooper who might not know the law, I keep my front license plate in that very thin compartment.
Also, since I live in Wyo, my revolver is usually on my person, not in the cargo bin.
You notice I said my spare Glock is in there. My go to one is on my person.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts