Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 ssr the rear deck/tonto cover will not latch, while checking it the 3 wire connector going to the release actuator wiring came apart when i tried to unplug it, i cannot find the wiring diagram to tell what wires go together, the wires on the release actuator side are colored black, blue, and orange, the wires on the frame side of the harness are black/white, black, and brown. Wondering if anyone can look at theirs to tell me. After i fix that problem i tried to find the whole release acutator assymbly because the motor will not release and i also suspect the adjar switch is bad, gm part number is 15794453 but is discontinued and no longer avaliable. Any sugestions on finding one, this would also probably fix my wiring problem because it would come with it.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
AUTOMOTIVE SYST, Help will come along! Meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", "New Member section" and introduce Yourself!!

Nick & Kathy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
I have a 2004 ssr the rear deck/tonto cover will not latch, while checking it the 3 wire connector going to the release actuator wiring came apart when i tried to unplug it, i cannot find the wiring diagram to tell what wires go together, the wires on the release actuator side are colored black, blue, and orange, the wires on the frame side of the harness are black/white, black, and brown. Wondering if anyone can look at theirs to tell me. After i fix that problem i tried to find the whole release acutator assymbly because the motor will not release and i also suspect the adjar switch is bad, gm part number is 15794453 but is discontinued and no longer avaliable. Any sugestions on finding one, this would also probably fix my wiring problem because it would come with it.
Welcome to the SSR Fanatic Family, A couple suggestions:
Post a thread in New Members Forum introducing yourself.
Click TOOLS above and and then User CP to get you to Your Profile in the Left hand column where you can fill in some information about yourself and your truck. This will help others figure out if they are close enough to help out.
Go to the SSR Technical Discussion Forum, Sub Forum, (DIY) Do-It-Yourself/"How-To" and look for the Sticky: Link to: NEWLY added to: " How To Library" and open the link you find there. It is full of 88 (currently) power point presentations about repairs you can do. One of them is in regard to the question you have asked and will likely provide the anwer for you. I suggest you save that link for future reference.
This exercise will help you learn your way around the site so you can begin to help others as they join us behind you.0:)

Reactions: AUTOMOTIVE SYST

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,949 Posts
Go to my SSR How to Library, 88 P/P "How TO"

Tech Discussions, click SSR How to Library, Click ONE Drive LINK: Free!

Dicktator

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to diy and found info on deck lid release, but it showes pics of the box and internal parts, it doest show the pic of the wiring harness comming out of the box going to the frame side of the wiring harness, which i tore up trying to unplug it. It did tell me that i can use a vw part to fix motor but i also think the adjar switch is bad. I wish i could find the whole box that way i get it all. Good old gm says its discontinued.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
I went to diy and found info on deck lid release, but it showes pics of the box and internal parts, it doest show the pic of the wiring harness comming out of the box going to the frame side of the wiring harness, which i tore up trying to unplug it. It did tell me that i can use a vw part to fix motor but i also think the adjar switch is bad. I wish i could find the whole box that way i get it all. Good old gm says its discontinued.
@oldxr might have have the box.? He will answer when he sees this post. While you are waiting do your Profile like mentioned above.

Nick

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
oldxr - Helped me when I needed it so, he'll be along pretty soon - God willing, the Devil don't object too much and the creek don't rise. WSK - LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio :seeya
Home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes :cheer:

I recommend that you follow the other members advice and post more information about yourself.

I would also recommend that you become a supporting member of the forum - and then purchase an "ultimate drive" -- Do a search to find out how!

I am not exactly sure what connector was damaged -- I have attached a wiring diagram and connector views which I hope will help
#1 diagram
#2 Actuator connector
#3 Rear compartment ajar switch connector
#4 Rear compartment present switch connector

If you need more diagrams - let me know a little more information. This is the first week of classes at my college and I may be slow to respond. Right now I'm feeling a little :crazy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Is this the piece you speak of?

Mine would not open either, a short while after I bought it. I had a new actuator put in, still didn't open. My problem was a relay.
That is easy to check. You have another like it under the hood and you can swap them out and see if it works. Easy check before spending money.

Your tonto cover is actually a "tonneau cover" (which you probably already know)which is another discussion here, is it the roof cover or bed cover.

I probably have a thread on my problem. If you want more info on the relay, you can search this site or post back here and I will give you more info.
Oh, BTW, where are you located? I couldn't tell by your profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the 3 wire connector at the box where the decklid release actuator is housed, at the rear of the truck in the underside of the lr corner. Their is three connectors going to the box, one is the three wire, one is a two wire, and one is a 4 wire. The one that is a 3 wire is the one i need info or a pic on. Wolfpacker it is one of the other connectors. Autoproof it is the second one in the pic, and the first is supose to be the diagram, but it doest show it changes color on that diagram and clearly it has bk/wh, bk, bn on harness side and bk, bu, or on the other side of the connector, dont know why diagram doesn't reflect it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think i finally found where to go to put my info in, it is very difficult i went to customize profile and could not find anything, i am not supper computer savey, i live in the country and only have internet axcess at work, too busy at work to play on internet to get better. Usually i call kids to help lol.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Ok, if it will Not latch and stay closed..... Check the T handle located inside the trunk, driver side, hanging down. Pull it straight Down, Not at an angle, and see if it feeds itself back up into the cable housing, and snugs up as high as it will go. Sometimes the inner cable can twist or kink and it will tell the latches to stay in the OPEN position. This will Over ride the actuator box. If you push your key fob to open the trunk and you hear the solenoid trying, that box is not the problem. As in swapping relays, try the easiest things first. Hope this helps.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
@oldxr might have have the box.? He will answer when he sees this post. While you are waiting do your Profile like mentioned above.
Nick
BTW... I have already got this item from oldxr. had to fix Betty's :purple: .

Reactions: nj6969

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics wolfpacker that is just what i needed to put the wires back together to continue to check. Now i am going to put on gogles (excessive sand in area) then take a shower, and then next i am going to look at the e-cable release. Just wanted to get wires back in place first. Got to replace cooling fan assymbly $$$$$$$, then drivers door latch assymbly fun on all accounts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well cooling fan fixed, wires back in place, release actuator is stuck in the outward position causing it to release constantly, so i need the motor for the deck release, i also need drivers side door latch assymbly the one i ordered is not correct, any one know where to get one, someone said dictator may have one for sale? I saw link on tdf how to about buying release actuator on ebay but cannot find it again, my computer for some reason will not play video again.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
............ i also need drivers side door latch assymbly the one i ordered is not correct, any one know where to get one, someone said dictator may have one for sale? .......
I have complete driver’s door latch assembly, new, aftermarket. This is a “drop-in” direct replacement for the GM one. They are $175, shipped to you.

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts