Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur, Auto
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on conversations I've had and read, there are several of us who would like this style spoiler. I emailed Kaminari about building a rear deck spoiler similar to the one in the attached picture (I think this is an MPD spoiler). They would build these if there is enough interest but they would need to use someone's existing spoiler to build a mold. Thoughts?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
103 Posts
Based on conversations I've had and read, there are several of us who would like this style spoiler. I emailed Kaminari about building a rear deck spoiler similar to the one in the attached picture (I think this is an MPD spoiler). They would build these if there is enough interest but they would need to use someone's existing spoiler to build a mold. Thoughts?

View attachment 604156
I had rather have one the bolts to tail gate as well

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur, Auto
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought this already happened with @HUAW spoiler or do I have my facts mixed up? I know which way my wife would say!
Larry's is a little different and he did send it out but not to Kaminari and the company he sent it to can't get it done due to manpower. There are at least a few of us who like the 'understated' style in the picture.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
1,157 Posts
Doublevision aka George Michael in JAX,Fl is working on a spoiler. Hopefully he will chime in when he sees this post if not I will mention it to him.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,554 Posts

View attachment 604156
Those lower skirts and the molded side skirts were originally made by 3G Services in Detroit. Eric at MPD ended up with the molds and I believe that Kaminari should have gotten those when they bought all of Eric’s molds from his widow.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
To all interested in a rear spoiler, I am currently in the process of producing them. They can be molded in or attached with 3m tape. They incorporate the 3rd blinking light in them as shown. I have the fiberglass plug in the pictures as shown, and currently making the Mold. If all goes well, they will be available Soon….
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Plant Automotive lighting Vehicle
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I am also currently in the process of building my version of a rear window mod, that I have been excited about for a long time. As U can see in the attached pictures. That is the fiberglass plug built on a rear roof panel that I purchased to build the mold. Will post updates as I can’t wait to install both on Truck….
Road surface Wood Rectangle Beige Asphalt
Wood Road surface Beige Tin can Floor
Vehicle Hood Window Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive mirror

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,464 Posts
I am also currently in the process of building my version of a rear window mod, that I have been excited about for a long time. As U can see in the attached pictures. That is the fiberglass plug built on a rear roof panel that I purchased to build the mold. Will post updates as I can’t wait to install both on Truck…. View attachment 604201 View attachment 604202 View attachment 604203 View attachment 604204
Will this replace or cover the rear window?

·
SSR Believer
2,754 Posts
To all interested in a rear spoiler, I am currently in the process of producing them. They can be molded in or attached with 3m tape. They incorporate the 3rd blinking light in them as shown. I have the fiberglass plug in the pictures as shown, and currently making the Mold. If all goes well, they will be available Soon…. View attachment 604198 View attachment 604199 View attachment 604200
Looks very nice and better than some of the "whale tails" available. (y)

I'm still holding out for the one that extends slightly over the fenders.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle
Car Automotive tail & brake light Sky Vehicle Cloud
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
@DoubleVision
Hi I just saw that you build a rear spoiler for a SSR and Im interested in buying one if you build it for me. Also Im trying to get a front spoiler too, to place it at the bottom of the fog lights location.

How much it would cost to fabricate them and sent it to Puerto Rico? Also if you can provide pictures I would really appreciate it.

Please let me know as soon as you can, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
@DoubleVision
Hi I just saw that you build a rear spoiler for a SSR and Im interested in buying one if you build it for me. Also Im trying to get a front spoiler too, to place it at the bottom of the fog lights location.

How much it would cost to fabricate them and sent it to Puerto Rico? Also if you can provide pictures I would really appreciate it.

Please let me know as soon as you can, Thanks.
Hi Foller25
The fiberglass plugs for the Spoiler and Rear window mod r complete. I am in the process of building the molds off these pieces. Do not have any pricing yet until I complete the parts. I am not making any front chin spoilers as those r readily available from other suppliers. Will keep U informed as I progress…. Thanks for the Interest

·
Premium Member
16 Posts

View attachment 604156

1 - 20 of 20 Posts