Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "new" 2005 SSR is in excellent shape and has some nice options and extras. It has a pinstripe painted on it by someone named Rocky (he signed it) that is chipping off in a lot of places so I will probably remove it entirely. Otherwise it seems pretty original but there is one item I am not sure about.

My tail gate has a series of vertical silver/grey bumper strips glued to it. The strips blend in well and help protect the surface. They are glued down firmly so I don't intend to tamper with them. I don't recall seeing this as an option on other SSRs but I could be wrong.

Can anyone shed light on this feature?

Here is a photo...

Attachments

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,318 Posts
That does remind me of a nomad. By the way....welcome to the greatest place for info on your new toy! Permagrin on from Cincinnati!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome looks nice, hope to see you at Texoma

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,469 Posts
WELCOM, KJA . . . from Southern Arizona.

Congrats on your "New Toy" and from what I can see with just one shot . . . LOOKS GREAT and I'd leave 'em alone.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
LOOKS GREAT. Other than the 5-6-7 only had (7) strips...1955-1957 Chevy Nomad Complete Tailgate
I knew the SSR has wide booty, but did not think the tailgate was wider than the Nomad.

It is something I do not believe we've seen before. Very fresh idea.:silver:

·
2,416 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut you have the right color lol and I like the tailgate

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,755 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
From picture looks like the guy before you did a good job adding the bumper strips, definitely one of a kind and it looks good. Welcome to the forum.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
That's cool, I'd mulled over the '57 fins but hadn't thought of the Nomad/Safari look. It adds a special touch to your truck. Enjoy. :thumbs

·
High Plains Roadster
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks to all who have welcomed me to this forum. naturally, I am a fan of these vehicles and I think the one I have is super. except for the now worn out pinstripe, it is in excellent shape and the tailgate bumpers are a fine person touch. because I like the style of these truck/roadsters so much, anything I can think of to customize it seems like it would spoil it.

the dealer gave me the Carfax report that shows the guy who originally owned and cared so well for it lived in the Denver area. he seems to have gotten it from Arizona and traveled sometimes in California. his name, of course, is not on the report and I have no desire to bother him.

I plan to take some pictures of it outside but really can't until I get use of my left hand following some surgery. I haven't even been able to drive it since then which is making me antsy.

today, it's hard not to think about those terrible events in las vegas. absolutely horrible!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts