Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MY05SSR
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for 2 Rear License Plate Frame in Stainless or Polished aluminum that have SSR logo's cut out for back up lights. I've seen them but I guess I'm looking in wrong places
John

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,939 Posts
No one seems to want to help you. I had some time this morning so checked all the sites I knew to look and could not find what you wanted so I gave up but then came across this video. Watch this video on exhaust. I think the SSR has what you are looking for. It has Florida plates on it so ask around the Florida guys to see who makes them. The Dictator is very aware of what goes on in Florida so maybe he can help you. I did not want to block my back up lights that much so went with a Carbon Fiber one from a Corvette with LED bulbs in my back up lights so now it is like headlights in the rear when I back up. They make the corvette frames in every color in the rainbow if interested. Happy hunting.

Click here:

DSCN0147.JPG

·
BLU SSR
1,337 Posts
Hey 12Pack, If the chrome one that Auggie posted is what you want, It will be a little difficult to find. I believe that they were made by Floyd Bailey who sadly passed away a few years ago. Keep your eyes peeled, they show up every now and then,

·
MY05SSR
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Auggie Doggie and SSReplay, I'll keep an eye out for one. Maybe I'll get lucky

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
No one seems to want to help you. I had some time this morning so checked all the sites I knew to look and could not find what you wanted so I gave up but then came across this video. Watch this video on exhaust. I think the SSR has what you are looking for. It has Florida plates on it so ask around the Florida guys to see who makes them. The Dictator is very aware of what goes on in Florida so maybe he can help you. I did not want to block my back up lights that much so went with a Carbon Fiber one from a Corvette with LED bulbs in my back up lights so now it is like headlights in the rear when I back up. They make the corvette frames in every color in the rainbow if interested. Happy hunting.

Click here:

View attachment 570634
Have a question about the attachment of the "FANATIC" sign - I attached mine in the same manner (visually), however, mine tends to swing wildly while I am driving. A friend was following me the other night and was concerned about potential damage or the eventual loss of the sign with it's wild gyrations at a relatively low speed. Any suggestions, from anyone on a better way to attach?
DRdj

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Have a question about the attachment of the "FANATIC" sign - I attached mine in the same manner (visually), however, mine tends to swing wildly while I am driving. A friend was following me the other night and was concerned about potential damage or the eventual loss of the sign with it's wild gyrations at a relatively low speed. Any suggestions, from anyone on a better way to attach?
DRdj
Mine is attached to the frame using two long hose clamps. It is very solid and and does not move what so ever. It was there when I bought the R.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I should add, when I needed to replace my battery, I was able to loosen the clamps and tilt the sign enough to remove the battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts