Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
51,105 Posts
I like all three but I was waiting for the one I got because Eric said he was making a more studdle design and I liked that idea. Here is another picture that shows the contour better and a side view.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
51,105 Posts
I will share James’ pics with Kaminari and share comments/options here.
I am confused as to where these molds could be surely someone did not destroy them? Did Erics molds get sold to more than one company?

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur, Auto
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
RaticalSSR in post #7 said that Eric destroyed a spoiler mold..not sure if it was this one. Kamari confined to me and others that he did not receive a spoiler mold from MPD’s estate.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
51,105 Posts
RaticalSSR in post #7 said that Eric destroyed a spoiler mold..not sure if it was this one. Kamari confined to me and others that he did not receive a spoiler mold from MPD’s estate.
I don't think this was the spoiler Doug was referring to Eric Pm'ed me on April 7, 2017 and asked if he could use my pictures on his web site. I spoke to him after that and he said this was the spoiler he going to continue to make but he was backlogged with other parts.

Reactions: richsadams

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
51,105 Posts
Was there ever a more laid down flat spoiler made? I thought I saw a drawing of one but it may have been only a drawing or a concept of one.
Is this the one you are thinking of it was a GM concept for 2007 but as we know it never happened.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,633 Posts
o_O This is getting like an old thread about --- uh, I forget now--- that made my head EXPLODE 😱😬😜😎 BUT, carry on, I'll just keep reading, waiting for the outcome --😇
Nick
My head still hurts, but, just curious--some mount on the bed cover and some mount on the top of the tailgate. I've read about it's weight and effect on the bed cover struts. I don't ever remember seeing a picture of a tailgate DOWN that had one on it, and never thought to notice when being around one. Does it make closing or opening the tailgate needing caution, similar to the hood emblem? :unsure:

Nick

·
Premium Member
04 Ricochet Silver, 05 Aqua Blur
78 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SSR redline red, "Tupperware" bedliner
157 Posts
I really like the one on @James Dean truck. If someone puts in the effort to build one similar, I would be interested in it. If someone copies it, I will pass. It is one thing where they bought the molds and designs, it is another to copy someone else's work and profit off of it with out doing the design work on it. Just my thoughts.
I'm confused. What is the difference between 'one similar' and 'a copy'?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Hi all I have been fooling around with this one that I picked up for next to nothing 10 bucks I cut the bottoms off because it had studs in it was trying to make it so that it would basically grab the edges of the back cover and lift up with it so that no holes would have to be drilled in the body of the SSR it is just painted with a spray can so don’t critique that just wanted to see what it would look like in black I am not happy with it I think it needs to be widened and I have no skills with fiberglass or anything like that so I would be willing to let someone that has skills take it and do what they can with it and maybe make it so that it would work on our SSR‘s and then have someone make a mold of it just p.m. me and pay for the shipping or if you are in Florida would be easier Thanks. Nick Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,288 Posts
I'm confused. What is the difference between 'one similar' and 'a copy'?
For someone to take an original and make a mold off of it and call it their own is wrong to me. Now if they design one of similar shape, make it better, easier to install or something to make it theirs with out just making a mold off someone else's, then that is what I would look at buying. But unfortunately there is not a lot can be done with a rear spoiler. So they will all pretty much look the similar.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts