Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in reply to SSR4DOC......The rear spoiler on my SSR is a modified olderstyle.....am not sure it's made anymore........Have been thinking about producing them........As it fits the rear deck of the SSR with out hanging way over.....or looking like an afterthought...it fits the deck and looks like it was made just for the SSR.....which it was.......The only thing bad about producing these is that they will run about $275.00.......But we will see what we will see.......Thanks for the compliment......The other custom parts (Scoop and Brake Scoops) are custom one of made by me.......May try to have these produced in the spring....... :seeya BTW your message box is full....so I had to list your reply in this thread.........

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
Have you noticed....

Whitewolf,

I've been eyeballing the rear spoilers on some of the '05-'06 Mustangs. They look like a good match for profile, width, height and shape to fit the back of our trucks. I'm not interested personally in applying one to my truck, but they do look like they would be a nice match. Oddly enough, they look very similar to yours......

What do you think?

Mike

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustang spoiler

Mike in AZ said:
Whitewolf,

I've been eyeballing the rear spoilers on some of the '05-'06 Mustangs. They look like a good match for profile, width, height and shape to fit the back of our trucks. I'm not interested personally in applying one to my truck, but they do look like they would be a nice match. Oddly enough, they look very similar to yours......

What do you think?

Mike

******* I thought so to....at first till I got out the tape measure and measure one........There to wide and the stands are not right.........If it would have worked.....I would have used one, as the local Ford dealer is one of my best friends and he thought it would be kool to have a Mustang part on a SSR.......but it wasn't the look I was going for....... :seeya

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Front .......

Parts are still being made........have made 2 sets.....but not satisified yet.........am working with urethane now.......instead of fiberglass.......here is closer pic of what it looks like now.......in the grill opening will float the SSR emblem...... :seeya And here's a better pic of the brake scoop..... :seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
It's looking good Wolfie. I fully understand the "work in progress" kind of feeling about not being satisfied. I think it's the perfectionist in us.

Done for the night.

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rear spoiler

Will try to put in new pic of wing today ....if it'll stop trying to rain and or snow...... :mad

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Rear Spoiler pics

Finally new pics.......Please disregard the rain.........It's trying to be nasty here today....... :mad Some may like this spoiler and some may not......But it winds my clock and thats all thats necessary.....Have a great day......am going to the western store in Goodlettsville......

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Whale Tail

SSR03 said:
Check this one out!

I have a 15 yeaqr old daughter. and I belive this would be called a Whale Tail. Just like the thongs that the ladies are wearing for panties these days

RHShute

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I agreee, with Ed, those bumpers are sooooo ugly and that whale tale too!!! paint looks good though, and the hood is right one. Saw this one in person last year at the auto show in Dallas.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Rear Spoiler....

If there's enough interest.....looks like I can get these done for about $235.00....and soon......So I guess I'll wait and see what you all say....I'll be doing these 2 or 3 at a time..... :seeya

1 - 20 of 51 Posts