Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the rear eibachs on the truck tonight, that I got from Topspin. The truck sits pretty level now. I also cut up my running board brackets and moved them down and in. What a difference! I jacked in two places. I actually jacked on the trailer hitch underneath. That hitch is probably the heaviest thing under there. I lifted it way up that way. But had to finish by raising by the differential, because I ran out of wood shims to get it high enough. lowered the rear 1.5 inches. Not sure if I am going to install the front or not? If the rear settles in a little more, I will do the fronts I think. I did not cut the bumpstop. Was not exactly sure what eibach says to trim off? Anybody know the measurement on that? Next project....... retractable hidaway front plate. Thanks to everyone for the help and advise on the spring job! D:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
I did the same thing. Installed rear springs only, still considering the fronts. I am worried about ground clearance with front spoiler.

Regarding front license plate. Mike at simple engineering makes one that will also stabilize front fascia. I would have considered this but I was informed it would not work with my front spoiler.

So i made a semi custom one from sto n sho work. See my post this thread
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f53/front-license-plates-215393/

I also believe others were working with the company to make some for the SSR. I have not seen a follow up?
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f36/need-help-w-sto-n-sho-219297/

Maybe one of the members from this has an update. If not contact sto and sho to demonstrate the desire for a product.

·
Premium Member
19,614 Posts
Auto the guy I was checked nag into for somebody here it's that interested to do it I think

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, took it for a ride, I think it handles better. Rides about the same I think. Still need to cut bump stop. looks better for sure.

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumpstops trimmed. I cut them in half, cut away the top two sections. Rides better now, less choppy. Before trimming the bumpstops were basically almost touching the bottoming cup at rest. Did another measurement. looks like I got about 1-3/4 drop. Considering fronts now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts