Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Wanting to put new tires on our 2004 SSR ... finally.

Have decided on Continental DSW06 tires in the P255/40R19 (front) and P315/35R20 (rear) configuration.

With these Continental rear tires having an almost extra 2" tread width over the original Goodyears ((295/40/R20) is there a problem with road dirt and mud getting kicked up outside the fenderline? We drive our R regularly during inclement weather and I really don't want to have the paint beaten up with road rash, simply because I want to run the wider rear tires.

I know I could run mudflaps, but I'm not really pleased with the look.

Anyone with real world experience using the wider rears in crappy weather?

· Premium Member
429 Posts
tires

I have only had them on my truck for two weeks. I had them ground force balanced as well. 200 miles so far. Has the site SSR alignment specs done as well. Much better ride than the factory tires. I did the 4.56 gears at the same time, so I had PCMforleess due the tuning and took care of tire size difference at the same time. So far, love them.
On the wife's SSR for 6 months, but she parked after driving 100 miles. I am sure she will love them as well.
Got them from tire rack with a 70 dollar rebate, but it ended 8-31-2017.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.