Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man just put on the new lift supports from lift support depot, I went up from 65lb stock to 85lb. Jumps right up. Little harder to close but they are a pain anyway. Only $43 for the pair

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Man just put on the new lift supports from lift support depot, I went up from 65lb stock to 85lb. Jumps right up. Little harder to close but they are a pain anyway. Only $43 for the pair
Write the date on the label and let's see how long they last.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
:|
Not familar with the choice you made for struts. But know that the "jumps right up" part can/will change with outside "temps". I've got the good struts on mine, and they too (jump right up)...............if the temps are over 40 degrees or so.

Wait till you just might be somewhere when the outside temp is 35 degrees or even less.

Then hit the switch and you just might find that the lid does NOT jump right up..........will come up.......but not like when it's warmer.:smile2:

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,074 Posts
Skeeter - -

I’m very supportive of members finding alternate solutions, I also need to share two lessons learned over the last 12 years......

1). Too strong of a strut will cause the front corners of the lid to lift when the lid is closed. Be careful with the use of any struts that are above 75 pounds force.....

2). Understand your warranty period.

Regards,

Mike

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Just remember

Just a reminder to anyone who doesn't already know this.:wink2:

You MUST drop / open the tail gate, then close the storage area deck lid. Forcing the lid to close without the tail gate down / open WILL cause dents:crying: in the lid if forcing it to close.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,674 Posts
Skeeter - -

I’m very supportive of members finding alternate solutions, I also need to share two lessons learned over the last 12 years......

1). Too strong of a strut will cause the front corners of the lid to lift when the lid is closed. Be careful with the use of any struts that are above 75 pounds force.....

Regards,

Mike
I would like to agree:

3. Could throw hinges out of alignment.

Is bed opening same distance? How much strain/pressure are you putting on Bed Latches and Bed Release?

Let us know how you do.

Dicktator

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,276 Posts
Also keep in mind that lifting of the leading edge of the cargo cover with too strong of cargo cover strut can cause the roof tonneau cover to catch/strike the cargo cover when trying to operate the roof. Jus some addl 2 cents FYI.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts