Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
YES,

Two bolts (one on each side), then hollar for help cause it takes two to finish removing the lid. With your helper slide the lid rearward and up slightly to unseat from the pins, then set the lid off to the side or on a stand somewhere, and you're ready to go.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Read the Manual

It has a lot of other good information in it.... like how to manually release the deck lid or manually lower the top. How many folks know that you need a special tool to do both of these?? That tool is supposed to come with the SSR. Does everyone have it??? Esp. the ones who have bought their SSR used....

·
Registered
123 Posts
bed rail trim

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the 2006 has a really great opton. Bed rail trim. If you like to drive your SSr with the cargo area cover off these trim pieces conceal the seals and weather stripping for a clean look. :cool

·
Registered
256 Posts
Broomer said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the 2006 has a really great opton. Bed rail trim. If you like to drive your SSr with the cargo area cover off these trim pieces conceal the seals and weather stripping for a clean look. :cool
Same on 03 and 04. :ssr

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
corvette99c5 said:
Hi, is it easy to take the rear lid off so you can transport bigger items like it was a pick up truck?

thanks
It IS a pickup truck. And, yes it is easy. I've done it twice, now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Someone had posted the bed rail trim and cargo cover storage system for sale earlier...hmmm, who was that? OH YEAH, It was me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts