Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I was ...going to pick up my new SSR today at the dealership. I walked in and was told that I couldn't pick up my new roadster because there was a recall on the SSR! I checked the Net and no recall was listed. Does anyone know of any recalled item. I'm dying to get my TRUCK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes me wonder

You just may be right...but I hope you're wrong. I work for GM, and you can bet I'm checking when I get back to work on Monday!

R

·
0 Posts
I had my truck in for initial service and picked it up yesterday, the service manager said nothing about any recalls.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Schmokin Bash said:
Here I was ...going to pick up my new SSR today at the dealership. I walked in and was told that I couldn't pick up my new roadster because there was a recall on the SSR! I checked the Net and no recall was listed. Does anyone know of any recalled item. I'm dying to get my TRUCK!

I just had my SSR ownership transferred from the US to Canada on Friday which required a recall search with GM. Nothing showed up.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Could it have been "recalled" to the body/paint shop for unexpected repairs before delivery? I'd sure try to find out! But then I've learned not to be too trusting of unsubstantiated claims.

Schmokin Bash said:

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
SchmokinBash: INSIST on seeing your SSR in person asap. My guess is that they damaged it and are repairing it right now.

Also, get the "recall" crap in WRITING from whoever gave you that line. It will give you great leverage later when they are found to be lying.

Reember, regardless of what the may try to tell you, you have the right to see that SSR right now.

Bring a camera too.

Jim G

·
Registered
166 Posts
Recall My %$#

As JIM G said and I agree they dropped your SSR on its side and are trying to put Humpy Dumpy back together again no matter what go somewhere else and buy it off thye lot there are enough brand new ones waiting for U... Good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had my Chevy car in for service and they called to say it was ready. But when I showed up they said it wasnt ready and to come back after the weekend and wouldnt say why.

Later that night I drove back to the dealer after they closed and looked in the Body shop window and seen my car in there with the rear quater panel tapped off.
New paint was cureing.

After the weekend I went to pick it up and they werent saying anything..Only Its ready, Its ready!

I went to the repair area and saw DA marks and overspray and said "Whats this "?

Finally the manager admited the mechanic in the next bay was taking out a rear axle and didnt know my car was there and pushed it into it.

Pretzel~

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Pretzel said:
I had my Chevy car in for service and they called to say it was ready. But when I showed up they said it wasnt ready and to come back after the weekend and wouldnt say why.

Later that night I drove back to the dealer after they closed and looked in the Body shop window and seen my car in there with the rear quater panel tapped off.
New paint was cureing.

After the weekend I went to pick it up and they werent saying anything..Only Its ready, Its ready!

I went to the repair area and saw DA marks and overspray and said "Whats this "?

Finally the manager admited the mechanic in the next bay was taking out a rear axle and didnt know my car was there and pushed it into it.

Pretzel~
How nice of them not to come clean right off the bat. I have to admit if it had been me I might have been kind of ticked. I might even had been kind of loud, which is unusal for me cuz I am such a small quiet sort of wallflower.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Pretzel said:

New paint was cureing.

Pretzel~
How nice of them not to come clean right off the bat. I have to admit if it had been me I might have been kind of ticked. I might even had been kind of loud, which is unusal for me cuz I am such a small quiet sort of wallflower.

Of course we can understand why he wouldn't see it.. Yellow is such an un-obtrusive color.

B

·
0 Posts
Focks said:

Must be one he!! of a wall for that flower. :jester :glol :glol :glol :jester

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
When a dealership damages and then repairs your vehicle, it is NOT sufficient for them to simply do so. They owe you "diminished value" compensation. Let me explain.

In the past, the stance of insurance companies and repairers has been that once they repair your vehicle to normal workmanlike standards (that term has legal significance), they have met their obligations to you.

However, if you then try to sell or trade that repaired vehicle to an alert buyer, he or she will detect the repair (trust me, they will if they know what they are doing). They will then offer you less for your vehicle because it has been previosuly damaged. Their justification is that even though the vehicle has been supposedly repaired to "like before the damage", buyers are heitant to buy a repaired vehicle because repairs are NOT always to factory quality, and sometimes hidden damage is not detected and repaired. So, an informed buyer wants to pay a bit less for a repaired vehicle than a never-damaged vehicle, "just in case".

So, some smart insureds actually got class action cases going and have sued the insurance companies, insisitng that any insurance settlement should include a realsitic allowance for "diminished value".

These class action cases are currently being fought out in the courts. I am actually personally a plaintiff in such a class action suit, as an almost new Hinda Civic I owned was damaged in a hailstorm and repaired, and when I traded it later, I got at least $1000 less than "normal" because, the appraiser said, of "diminished value" due to the repair.

Some insuranc companies have seen the writing on the wall and have started to voluntarily pay "diminished value" compensation along with repair costs.

If your dealer damaged and then repaired your SSR, they have "diminished its value". You WILL confirm that when you go to trade it in or sell it. So, they owe you some oney, and you want to determine how much by asking 3 other dealers, NOT them, how much less they would pay, today, for an SSR that has been damaged and repaired versus one that has not.

If yuo r dealer refuses to honor your claim, tell him you will take it to your state attorney general's office AND General Motors, and that you will describe his failure to tell you about the damage until YOU found it as evidence of intent to defraud. State attornies general frown on such practices. That will get his attention.

Remind him also that since it was HIS employee who made the stupid error, it is HIS responsibility to pay the price, not yours.

Don't accept this repair as sufficient compensation. It is NOT.

Jim G

·
Registered
132 Posts
recall

May be some confusion with the recent GM recall of some 800,000 1999-2002 full size trucks and SUV'S. Something to do with anti-lock brakes and ABS.

The info was from Edmunds.com on last Thursday. They made mention of some models.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
If you haven't seen it, there is a web service provided by GM for your individual vehicle. It keeps you abreast of recalls or other communication regarding the SSR and alos provides a detailed service record for your ride. www.myGMLink.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts