Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
eBay rules: "Buy it now" goes away after someone makes a minimum bid. Too bad you didn't get there soon enough - 235 was a steal...

I am not affiliated with that seller - just thought I'd give RED owners a heads up, and at that price I ALMOST bought them myself - to pass on to someone later. Dang it!

FYI: You may want to use the eBay 'contact the seller' link to send the seller a message that you would be willing to buy at the buy it now price - can't hurt???

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
I put the bid in on the boards. I've been wanting to get a set of yellow painted boards, but didn't want to ruin the original boards, and wasn't sure how well the satin finish would take paint. Much easier to just scuff an existing set and squirt a new color.

Note that the boards don't come with mounting brackets, which makes them useless to anyone who doesn't already have a set.

Ray

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Flassh said:
I put the bid in on the boards. I've been wanting to get a set of yellow painted boards, but didn't want to ruin the original boards, and wasn't sure how well the satin finish would take paint. Much easier to just scuff an existing set and squirt a new color.

Note that the boards don't come with mounting brackets, which makes them useless to anyone who doesn't already have a set.

Ray
NOw that I know you're bidding I won't compete with you.... if successful on your bid would you then sell your useless satin ones? :cool

Frank

·
Registered
590 Posts
Take a look at this seller's feed back, 16 neutral and 6 negative(in the past 12 months!) mostly on shipping. Running boards might be out of style by the time they are shipped !
Also doesn't mention if mounting hard ware is included.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Flassh, you might have to drive down and pick them up!

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
41 Coe - Yup - good thing I have till spring to get them. He seems to ship everything, just very slowly. The only thing that seems to happen on EBay is items mysteriously disappear just before bidding ends if the price is lower than the seller would like - I don't know why EBay allows that, but nor sure much can be done about it.

By the way - did you make the Kelowna Field of Dreams this year - couldn't get there this time. It appears building a house got in the way of a nice day off.

Frank - main reason I want these is to have yellow boards on, but still be able to return my SSR to stock condition - just in case it becomes move valuable in the next 50 or so years. I also kept the wheels, springs, alternator, original engine cover, etc.

Based on the way the ad reads, I don't think they come with mounting hardware, and not sure if GM sells the hardware separately.

Thanks for letting me get a shot at these. Another plus of this website - same situation has happened several times before. Once one of us lets the site know we're bidding, others stay away from the item. :thumbs

Frank, Wish I'd known you had an SSR in July - spent a week or so in Edmonton while my wife was at a sorority convention. Did spend some time with Martin Equipment - they're our boat dealer in Edmonton.

I'll be there again at the Edmonton Boat and Sportsmens show mid-March. Stop into the Supra/Moomba display if you happen to be there.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Update on the running boards.

Paid for them October 26th, finally shipped November 21, scheduled to arrive Nov 29th.

I'll update you on quality when they get here. If quality is comparable to the stock ones, the price is right - they are raw plastic, ready to paint, with the non-skid ready to install - $125/pr.

Ray

·
Registered
66 Posts
Red running boards

I ordered a red set on Nov. 11th and it appears we are talking about the same seller. Got e-mail yesterday that they are being shipped. Seller also had one set of factory new mounting brackets for sale on e-bay same day and I purchased those as well. They must be available as separate part thru GM.

I read thru sellers feedbacks and all negative issues were about slow shipping. Did not see anything about poor quality products.

I'll update later as to the quality of these boards and if color is a match.

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
I received my UPS shipping info, without tracking number Oct 28th - actual shipping was 3 weeks later.

Ray

·
Registered
66 Posts
Running Boards

Flassh said:
I received my UPS shipping info, without tracking number Oct 28th - actual shipping was 3 weeks later.

Ray

I have a tracking # but still does not mean item has been shipped. ( It hasn't )

Rather wait and get a good quality product than a poor product shipped fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts