Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was channel surfing and just caught an episode of First 48 featuring a red SSR in the driveway of someone they were interviewing. Probably not the best way or light to be shown in but it did make make the boob tube nevertheless.

Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts
Even people who know what it is , often do not know what it really is. I have had people chase after me when I park it and they know it is an SSR but think it has a 6 cylinder and is fiberglass. :banghead

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Had someone ask me what the SS meant. I told him super sport roadster. He said I thought the ss was for performance vehicles and that a 4 cylinder vehicle didn't qualify for the ss. When I raised the hood--he said OK you win and walked away. Aint life great?
You have to add the [R] to get Roadster............Bird

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Had someone ask me what the SS meant. I told him super sport roadster. He said I thought the ss was for performance vehicles and that a 4 cylinder vehicle didn't qualify for the ss. When I raised the hood--he said OK you win and walked away. Aint life great?
I've had mine called an HHR so many times................

Had an owner of a new Saleen Mustang parked next to me ask me how I liked my HHR just as I arrived at a car show. Answer was "About as much as you like your Pinto" I did the same - opened my hood so he could see the polished TVS2300. We got along fine after that.

It's surprising how many people think it has a 4 cylinder. That's not necessarily a disqualifier any more with the Ecotec 4. There is a Cobalt SS and an HHR SS that are both fairly solid performers..

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I fired mine up and the guy next to me said that sounds pretty good for a V6. I just told him it had a Briggs and Stratton in it.
I had to pop the hood and show him what was under there. He was impressed.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,917 Posts
I get that too! Hey....HHR....SSR... what's the difference? At least they don't confuse it with a PT Cruiser (Mopar).

Reactions: SSReplay

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was showing mine to a co-worker who had a degree as a mechanic and his comment was, quote,
"They stuffed a 5.3 in that little bay!?"

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
I get that too! Hey....HHR....SSR... what's the difference? At least they don't confuse it with a PT Cruiser (Mopar).
Hmmm I was told by a Boarder Inspector … "Nice … is that a PT Cruiser?" If I wasn't coming back home at the Canadian/ USA boarder I might have said more than ... "OUCH! It's not a PT Cruiser!" :pokey: :mad

I was tempted to say.. "didn't you even read my license plates? 1-SSR???
:banghead

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,917 Posts
Hmmm I was told by a Boarder Inspector … "Nice … is that a PT Cruiser?" If I wasn't coming back home at the Canadian/ USA boarder I might have said more than ... "OUCH! It's not a PT Cruiser!" :pokey: :mad

I was tempted to say.. "didn't you even read my license plates? 1-SSR???
:banghead
Marc, I guess I would expect that from a Border Agent at the Peace Bridge! :wink2:
Used to live in WNY, grew up in Cheektowaga and East Aurora made many trips over that bridge.
Greg

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Marc, I guess I would expect that from a Border Agent at the Peace Bridge! :wink2:
Used to live in WNY, grew up in Cheektowaga and East Aurora made many trips over that bridge.
Greg
Ah yes good ole WNY boarders! BTW: It could have been anyone one of the 4 bridges in the WNY area. However, not that it matters which one, it was actually at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls USA/ Canada bridge where it happened.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,917 Posts
Ah yes good ole WNY boarders! BTW: It could have been anyone one of the 4 bridges in the WNY area. However, not that it matters which one, it was actually at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls USA/ Canada bridge where it happened.
4 Bridges? The Peace, LQ and Rainbow are the only ones I know of. They've been planning a new bridge for 40 years but never built it. Where is the forth? We used to use the Peace bridge often to go to Sherkston and Crystal beach only walked across the Rainbow. A friend had a cottage in Niagara on the Lake we used to visit a lot also.
Greg

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
4 Bridges? The Peace, LQ and Rainbow are the only ones I know of. They've been planning a new bridge for 40 years but never built it. Where is the forth? We used to use the Peace bridge often to go to Sherkston and Crystal beach only walked across the Rainbow. A friend had a cottage in Niagara on the Lake we used to visit a lot also.
Greg
Ah yes, the smallest, less known and the least traveled bridge which is best known as the "Whirlpool" Bridge but is actually called the "Whirlpool Rapids" Bridge. Which is located a little down the river past the Rainbow Bridge heading towards Lake Ontario and is between the Rainbow Bridge and the Lewiston/ Queenston Bridge.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,917 Posts
Ah yes, the smallest, less known and the least traveled bridge which is best known as the "Whirlpool" Bridge but is actually called the "Whirlpool Rapids" Bridge. Which is located a little down the river past the Rainbow Bridge heading towards Lake Ontario and is between the Rainbow Bridge and the Lewiston/ Queenston Bridge.

Thought that was just a RR bridge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts