Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got one ready for delivery 5000.00 over Red Ssr With Vin #000897

Since I posted the SSR I had many calls. I could only take offers. The dealership was unsure want they wanted to do. After the black and yellow SSR's sold (over M.S.R.P.) they made their decision. The Red SSR will sale for an adjusted market value of $5000.00 over M.S.R.P. Call me if you have any questions. (I also was ask many times if I could take a charge card. My dealership will not sale a car on a credit card. I may be able to use it for a deposit until you got here.)

Call Carl @ 615-579-8310

CHEVY SSR-SUPER SPORT ROADSTER
VORTEC 5300 V-8 SFI ENGINE
4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL
REDLINE RED
EBONY
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $ 41,370.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
LICENSE PLATE FRAME: FRONT$ 15.00

CARGO NETTING PKG CONSISTS OF
_ CARGO NET, ONE CROSSBAR AND
_ FOUR TIE DOWN RINGS
***DEALER INSTALLED***$ 220.00

CUSTOMIZED FLOOR MATS
***DEALER INSTALLED***$ 85.00

CARGO COMPARTMENT TRIM W/WOOD$ 895.00

1SB PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP
CONSISTS OF:
ENGINE COVER INSERT
MEMORY PACKAGE -SEATS,RADIO,DIC
HEATED DRIVER & PASSENGER SEATS
ELECTROCHROMIC MIRRORS: INSIDE
_ REARVIEW & LEFT O/S REARVIEW
HOMELINK
AM/FM STEREO W/IN DASH 6 CD
BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM $ 1,900.00

INTEGRATED RUNNING BOARDS
***DEALER INSTALLED***$ 745.00

INTEGRATED SIDE SADDLE STOR.
***DEALER INSTALLED***$ 400.00

TOWING PKG. HITCH INSERT/BALL
***DEALER INSTALLED***$ 235.00

TOTAL OPTIONS $4,495.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $45,865.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $625.00
_
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE* M.S.R.P = $46,490.00

·
Registered
705 Posts
So you are telling me that your dealership sold a black and yellow SSR at MSRP and now want to sell the last one for $5k over? There is no way your dealership could have had 3 SSR's while others have not had any.

Edit - personal attacks and insults removed. They will get your posting privleges removed if they continue. Please keep it civil. End edit

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm sorry that I confused you. I am not trying to offend you or anyone else. The car is in high demand. The lower the VIN the more demand for the car. I am only trying to connect someone who is excited about havinng the SSR to the SSR The decision on pricing is not mine. I go to work like everyone else in life and I try to make a living to support my family. I don't control supply and I don't control demand. Nor do I lie or try and take anything from anyone that I did not earn.

I seen how many of the dealerships/salesmen have taken deposits and made false promises. Or simply backed up on the offer when they found that supply is very short of demand. I am up front. I got the car. I am a man of my word. In my postion all I have is my integrity. And I am not going to jeopardize that for nothing.

I also was offended by the "liar" remark. Do your homework.
We was allocted three 2003 SSR's.
Red, Black and Yellow.
The Black SSR is sold, it went over M.S.R.P..
The Yellow SSR is sold it went over M.S.R.P..
The red is sitting on the showroom floor and ready for delivery.

Life is to short to be ugly Call me and I'll FAX you the information. As for the ugly attack on my eduction. I am college educated and majored in two field's holding two college degree's with Honors.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about redssrloaded - he used to post under willsellit, talking about selling at a profit - what an unusual concept - apparently it's acceptable for him, but not for you. I think there's a name for that. He also had another name before willsellit. His specialty is to insult others - he hammered on me for being a Canadian - something about all Canadians thinking they were better- and he figured that out from a question about speedos.

He also unloaded on Dodie36 for not having a contract, and having a problem getting a deposit back after the dealer raised the price. I'm with Dodie on that one - I'm going with my dealer's word, and I'm OK with that - I just have a problem with GM's Canadian MSRP. It's too bad not all dealers are up front about their intentions.

PS - what's the latest orders from GM about selling to Canadians - the pricing we're stuck with is absolutely obscene. I'll be looking for a truck in the US, and I'm trying to be up front about it. If I can't get it done directly, how do you control someone reselling the truck - ie having one of my friends go in to buy it for me. I'm in Knoxville a couple times a year - driving back with an SSR would not be a bad way to go. I don't want the truck until early summer, so I should see some improvement in pricing by then.

Keep smiling. :cheers

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with Flassh, regarding willsellit/redssrloaded. He generally has nothing positive to add and seems to get some sort of sick satisfaction ripping others. Hope he finds a life elsewhere.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flassh

I will work on your request for the info today. I think their may be a couple ways around those issue's. I'm going to look into if you where to pay cash or if you could buy with A POA Power of attorney. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Carl

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow, it seems that I have not made any fans on this board :cry
Here is my explanation for your posts:

First of all I never said that the dealer should not sell it for a profit. I just don't like dealers posting BS on the board. He is telling us that he has sold 2 at MSRP and wants to sell the last one he has on his lot at a premium. Come on, you guys have to be on my side about this one, right? No way he already has had 3 SSRs. By posting that he is trying to appear a good guy (2 at MSRP) and then sell it more than MSRP. Again, more power to you but be honest.

Second, yes I did say that I would sell mine at a profit. But like everyone else, I'm human. As my delivery date gotten closer, I have had second thoughts about selling. I don't think I will sell it and try to enjoy it for a year or so. Again, I believe in the free market economy, so if a dealer wants to sell theirs at 20K over MSRP, more power to them.

Third, I have posts under 3 names (willsellit,eatsleepbreathM, and now redssrloaded) not because I'm hiding anything. It seems like the owner of this site does not like me either and keeps booting me off or something. My accounts keep disappearing.

My comments on Canadians was meant as a joke man. Take it easy. I thought I did put a smiley so you don't think I was serious. I used to live with 4 canadians in college. I got to go back and check for the smiley.

The guy who paid money without a contract, I was harsh on. I admit it. But come on, you all thought the same thing, didn't you?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here, that was not my intention. Waiting for this [email protected] car for nearly 2 years has gotten the best of me. Here is my peace offering :cheers

My car will be here in 2 days...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts