Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I ran across an '05, red with white stripes, stick, gages, boards, carpeted bed, 76,615 miles, here in PA.
Looks like a consignment place, $27.900. 1GCES14H35B120201

https://www.classicautomall.com/vehicles/542/2005-chevrolet-ssr
Nice outward appearance. Thanks for posting.

A few blemishes in the cab. However, the detailed underside pictures show the ravages of winter road salt. Looks like undercoat applied over corrosion in places. The muffler is rusted out as well.

Demonstrates the need to give a good once-over to any vehicle before purchase. Just my 2 cents...

Boomer Bob :ssr

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Lots of corrosion under the hood as well.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,669 Posts
Pretty indicative of a vehicle that has 76,000 miles that has been a daily driver in winter conditions. Someone has enjoyed this truck, and had permagrin for many miles. Our vehicles that get driven year round here in Canada look just like the underneath of this one. As Bob mentioned, it still has a good outward appearance. I'd bet it would still drive pretty good. SSR's last a long time. I drove one with 153,000 miles on it one time, and if I hadn't looked at the odometer, I would have never have guessed it had that many miles on it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I agree with Gordy. When I lived in the mid-west, it was not unusual to see an undercarriage like that on "daily drivers". You don't see it so much with cars from the southwest.

All that said, I think the price is a little steep for a car in that condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts