Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the reply concerning the homelink and the standard bed. What do you people think of $900.00 for the compartment trim. I mean afterall, you cant see the inside of the bed til u raise it and Im thinking if you do haul something and have a spill u can hose it out. I know i wouldnt want carpet in my pickup bed..... i do realize its a different vehicle but hey $900.00 is $900.00. If you guys think its absolutely necessary or there something im not thinking about please let me know. Also, as far as the 1SB group for $1900.00......all I want in that group is the Bose and the 6disc....im not interested in the heated seats or special mirrors but the engine cover is kinda nice...even though you cant see it unless u raise the hood. It comes with a single Cd so im leaning toward that.....its not worth $1900 for the radio and engine cover to me. Your feelings on this too are most appreciated.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
My view is that in buying this 'Instant Classic' - I'll want it to be ready to show... Pop the hood and bed cover and you have what most all custom cars have. I don't know 'bout you but i aint haulin' no crap in the back thats gonna spill...

I hate looking at the old classics that were ordered as a'base' model - its the bells and whistles that make the vehicle. And having every option will make for a better investment in the long run.

I don't plan on selling mine - but if I ever have too - I'll be able get my investment back...

Do you think the $350.00 for the Slingshot Yellow paint is not worth the investment too? Check out the resale on "Vetts and see if the Yellow dosen't draw a better price.

Heated seats? As I'm driving down Hwy 1 thru Big Sur - I'll want those, it can be cool there in July!

I see lotsa car shows in the near future and next spring - just the rareness of the SSR will draw a crowd for a while. Parades too...

I want it all...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:agree
In my view, if you are going to spend 42K+ for ride like this, especially if you get a 2003, you should get everything that would make the vehicle more valuable for re-sale. The opportunity to get a 20033 SSR will only come your way once. Might as well get it all. I odered everthing on mine except the running boards. Would have ordered them but I could only find a couple of pics that showed them and I didn't think they looked that great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts